Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pcprobs
Journeyman III

New PC keeps restarting from minimal load

Hi

I have recently build my own pc, with spec as follows.

Ryzen 3600

X570 Aorus Elite

RM750x
2080 Aorus

Corsair 3200 lpx

The problem is that my pc restarts from seemingly minimal load on cpu. I have managed to install windows and some drivers. But when trying to install chipset drivers it restarts shortly after. I have also downloaded discord, and the same moment I try to execute the file to install, it instantly restarts. No errors or anything. 

When monitoring the cpu before it restarts, the cpu usage is under no stress at all, and the temperature goes to 55 degrees before restarts.

The bios is updated. Cmos cleared. LMX set to profile 1. Disabled Precision boost. In Windows failsafe it also restarts. I have also tried with a different PSU, HD and GPU. Still restarts. I do not have extra amd CPU or MB to exclude either of these two. 

When running in Ubuntu the problem dissapears, and the PC does not restart, even when stress testing the CPU.

I am at a complete loss here. Hope you can help.

EDIT: The restarts were caused by a faulty CPU. Replacing it, fixed the problem.

0 Likes
2 Replies
gnahcnivek1231
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem. Did you also get a Kernel-power error from event viewer? How did you figure out it's a cpu problem?

0 Likes
pcprobs
Journeyman III

Im not sure wether or not I had the Kernal-power error. I guessed It were either the MB or CPU that caused it. I went for the CPU, and that were it.

0 Likes