Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

New Horizon blender/handbreak demo's.

AMD Presents New Horizon - YouTube

Found the blender demo @ New Horizon

File needed for handbreak demo is missing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: New Horizon blender/handbreak demo's.

as mentioned in the new horizon demo, there should be downloads, but where? ;D

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Rendering the animation crashed. Not sure if 12GB of memory is enough? CPU is the old Phenom II X4 965 C3 black edition.

I am using Blender from Steam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

use the links and information from this article, it worked for me:

See How Your CPU Stacks Up Against AMD Ryzen With This Open Source Tool | HotHardware

You can find out how your CPU compares to AMD's Ryzen for free | PCWorld

i3 6320 took 1m 58s, which translates to around a performance of ryzen that should be 3.4 times better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

TL;DR.  Post both files as promised.  Post the correct files.  Post the times for comparison.

I've been waiting for some time for the Handbrake video file, but I don't think that's actually going to be shared as stated by Lisa Su during the event.  I thought I might have misheard her, but she clearly stated that the picture and video file would be made available on the AMD website.  Time stamped at that point:  AMD Presents New Horizon - YouTube

Additionally, why provide the Blender or Handbrake file for comparison sake without clearly posting the time to compare somewhere in the instructions for properly running the tests?  I understand that the render took approximately 35.x seconds, but why not post the actual render time along with the Handbrake file and total transcode time instead of letting people guess on their own?

The initial Blender file posted on the AMD website defaulted to a 200 sample resulting in a lot of people getting much longer render times then those of Ryzen. Thankfully, AMD addressed this and reposted a file at the correct 150 sample default resulting in a more accurate comparison, but there is still no official Ryzen time.  The 35.x seconds that everyone is using is from everyone unofficially timing how long it took during the New Horizon event.

0 Kudos