cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nursebob
Journeyman III

New Build won't POST - Ryzen 5 3400G - ROG strix x370-f gaming - with QVL DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3200MHz

I have a new system with a Ryzen 5 3400G CPU, ROG Strix x370-F Gaming MB and have tried with Kingston KVR2N17D8/16 (2-sticks for 32GB ram) and in the process ran through all the combinations of one or two sticks, but the yellow DRAM on the MB stays on (have tried for up to 10 minutes).  Similar results with Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz memory.

I have read that there can be BIOS incompatibilities that interfere with DRAM recognition.  This MB does not have the flashback button/capability. And have read that the Ryzen on 1st boot can be extremely slow, but exceeding 10 minutes seems excessive...

Suggestions Gratefully Accepted.

FWIW, I have a similar question on the ROG support forum since this issue seems to be related to the CPU MB combination.

0 Likes
1 Solution

That motherboard requires an updated BIOS. You can request a boot kit if ASUS will not update your BIOS for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

That motherboard requires an updated BIOS. You can request a boot kit if ASUS will not update your BIOS for you.

black_zion‌ - Thanks for the quick response.

>motherboard requires an updated BIOS

That was my suspicion.  And, after an extended phone call to ASUS Support, I'm in the process of getting one of the AMD boot kits.  Toyed with the idea of just buying a A6-9500 cpu, but time is not critical on this and I'm OK with letting AMD solve the problem, and having ASUS as a backup.

0 Likes