cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rlemieux
Journeyman III

New 3900x Owner; Idle temps, optimization, etc.

Recently upgrade to a Ryzen 3900x with a GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI Motherboard. I'm new to AMD CPUs so just want to make sure everything is looking good.

After the upgrade, noticed the stock cooler for the 3900x whirring up a lot randomly and then calming down. Went into the advanced power settings in Windows and turned the Minimum Processor State to 20% as it was at 99%.  I think this helped for the most part, but has anyone else noticed this issue and how did you resolve it?

I also went ahead and grabbed Ryzen Master to help monitor my temps. Usually sitting in the high 30's and will occasionally move into the 40s. This is only with a browser up, watching a stream and listening to music. Are these normal temps with a stock cooler?

In addition, by recommendation of a post on these forums, I set my Peak Voltage in Master Ryzen to 1.3v. Is this okay?

Currently using the AMD Ryzen Balanced plan, but I'm reading some posts of people saying to use the Windows Balanced plan?

Overall, not noticing any performance issues, but any suggestions, advice, etc. to optimize my 3900x is greatly appreciated as I'm reading lots of different information when researching idle temps issues and the fan issue. As a note, I think I've already downloaded the latest chipset drivers.

0 Likes
33 Replies