Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pf100
Journeyman III

Need help getting RMA authorization for defective cpu

Hi everybody!

I have a 5600G that decided to stop working. I've tested it in another pc that's an identical build because I built two 5600G pc's for family during the GPU apocalypse of 2021, and "it's dead Jim."

The following is what AMD asked of me:

Please could you provide the following information such that we can further validate your claim

1. Genuine photograph using a digital camera / cellphone with the processor mounted on the motherboard socket, that clearly shows the serial number and model number
  2. Scanned copy of the original invoice that your supplier provided you during product purchase.
  3. Any system generated email that you received as part of the order confirmation / invoice. Please attach the original email in this response.

So I sent 1) the pdf invoice from Amazon where I bought the 5600G (I saved the amazon invoice to pdf), 2) a jpeg screenshot of the Amazon order, and 3) a picture of the CPU mounted on the motherboard showing the serial number. Amazon never sent a confirmation email of the order. I don't know what other documentation I'm supposed to provide and they won't tell me what's missing. This is the reply I received for case #00315952 and #00308532 (I made a new request since it's been going on for over 10 days):
"Please provide the requested documents in the service request # 00308532 for further assistance."

I have no idea what more I'm supposed to do. If anyone has any ideas they would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
pf100
Journeyman III

RMA was approved. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
pf100
Journeyman III

RMA was approved. Thanks!