Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

baron16
Adept I

Need help for Overclock my computer

Jump to solution

Hello !

before I start the subject, I'm sorry for my bad English, I'm french member, and I haven't found the French Forums

My problem : I have buy equipment AMD for build my first computer of gaming ! And I'm really happy !

But I've got slowdowns on some games, like FarCry 4, Interstellar Marines, Arma, Splinter Cell BlackList, and other...

I would like overcloack my computer, but I haven't got idea to the limittes to Overcloack

I come to you for take advices, issues, and help for overcloack my computer

Characteriscs of my computer :

Video Card : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Overclok Edition)

Processors : AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor 3.90 GHz

RAM : 8,00 Go

Note : This is my first computer of gaming, be nice

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Re: Need help for Overclock my computer

Jump to solution

I couldn't agree with goodplay​ more. Aside from presenting more complete information in regards to your system specs and it's components. The first steps to overclocking most definitely shouldn't be asking for advice via forums and blindly following it. You should study as much information as possible that's heavily available on the net until, you have gathered and understood enough of the information to have the confidence to apply changes and monitor results. Overclocking isn't something that should be taken lightly, nor rushed.

Although, there are a vast amount of experienced Overclockers here within the AMD™ forums, for one to simply answer your questions would be doing you an injustice until you can grasp the information they present. Keep in mind you have no way of validating whether or not someone even knows what they are talking about without some knowledge yourself so, without that you're asking for trouble.

So aside from reading everything I have listed below, search independently across the net for every possible source of information (there's quite a bit more out there than I have listed). Once you feel you have gathered enough knowledge to easily maintain a discussion with a knowledgeable overclocker, return back here and they'll be able to assist you without frustration, both theirs and yours.

Terminology Dictionary

The Tech Terms Computer Dictionary

Unified Extensible Firmware Interface

BIOS - history and Information

CPU Guides

Concepts, Principles, and Stages of Overclocking

AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver Overclocking Guide - Asus Motherboard

System Builder: Overclocking 101

Beginners Guides: Overclocking the CPU, Motherboard and Memory

Benchmark Utility/CPU Stability Testing Software

RealBench - Republic of Gamers

Downloads | AIDA64

IntelBurnTest - The new stress-testing program

Prime95 download version 28.40

GPU Guides

How to overclock your graphics card

AMD Overdrive - The AnandTech Guide to Video Card Overclocking Software

The AnandTech Guide to Video Card Overclocking Software

Beginners Guides: Overclocking the Videocard

Wolfram's Blog: Graphics Card Overclocking

GPU Overclocking Utilities/Benchmark Software

AMD Overdrive (Location - Catalyst Control Center)

MSI Afterburner 4.1.1

EVGA - Software - EVGA PrecisionX 16

3DMark - test your graphics card with the gamer's benchmark

Download Heaven Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR)

AMD Community PSU.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
baron16
Adept I

Jump to solution

Up ! I've got discover "AMD Catalyst Control Center" !

I can overcloack my computer with them ?

I've got change some settings, my pc can't burn with them ?

Sans titre 2.bmpSans titre 5.bmpSans titre 4.bmpSans titre 3.bmp

I can up some settings or I put in jeopardy my computer ? :s

0 Likes
goodplay
MVP

Jump to solution

First,you need to supply some more system specs.make/model of card,make/model power supply unit.

For the moment you should revert the card to its original settings until you have more understanding of overclocking.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I couldn't agree with goodplay​ more. Aside from presenting more complete information in regards to your system specs and it's components. The first steps to overclocking most definitely shouldn't be asking for advice via forums and blindly following it. You should study as much information as possible that's heavily available on the net until, you have gathered and understood enough of the information to have the confidence to apply changes and monitor results. Overclocking isn't something that should be taken lightly, nor rushed.

Although, there are a vast amount of experienced Overclockers here within the AMD™ forums, for one to simply answer your questions would be doing you an injustice until you can grasp the information they present. Keep in mind you have no way of validating whether or not someone even knows what they are talking about without some knowledge yourself so, without that you're asking for trouble.

So aside from reading everything I have listed below, search independently across the net for every possible source of information (there's quite a bit more out there than I have listed). Once you feel you have gathered enough knowledge to easily maintain a discussion with a knowledgeable overclocker, return back here and they'll be able to assist you without frustration, both theirs and yours.

Terminology Dictionary

The Tech Terms Computer Dictionary

Unified Extensible Firmware Interface

BIOS - history and Information

CPU Guides

Concepts, Principles, and Stages of Overclocking

AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver Overclocking Guide - Asus Motherboard

System Builder: Overclocking 101

Beginners Guides: Overclocking the CPU, Motherboard and Memory

Benchmark Utility/CPU Stability Testing Software

RealBench - Republic of Gamers

Downloads | AIDA64

IntelBurnTest - The new stress-testing program

Prime95 download version 28.40

GPU Guides

How to overclock your graphics card

AMD Overdrive - The AnandTech Guide to Video Card Overclocking Software

The AnandTech Guide to Video Card Overclocking Software

Beginners Guides: Overclocking the Videocard

Wolfram's Blog: Graphics Card Overclocking

GPU Overclocking Utilities/Benchmark Software

AMD Overdrive (Location - Catalyst Control Center)

MSI Afterburner 4.1.1

EVGA - Software - EVGA PrecisionX 16

3DMark - test your graphics card with the gamer's benchmark

Download Heaven Benchmark | Unigine: real-time 3D engine (game, simulation, visualization and VR)

AMD Community PSU.jpg

View solution in original post

baron16
Adept I

Jump to solution

They are lot of informations lordhelmet  !

Thanks for your documentations, I read all links with a clear head

savagebeastzero
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it, Always glad to help! Once you've absorbed as much information as possible while studying over the next four weeks and have begun to implement changes within the bios on a fundamentally basic level and have decided that you'd like to learn more about advanced overclocking, feel free to contact me when you think you may be ready or of course have run into any problems that you aren't sure how to correct and need assistance.

You can either connect with me which, is basically a bookmark for contacts here in the AMD™ forums by going to my profile and requesting a connection so, after I accept you can easily recall who I am by viewing your own contacts (of which I would be displayed there) or without connecting to me of course you can simply go to my profile and send me a message when needed.

How do I connect with someone?

or

How do I send a private message to a community member?

Good luck and have a nice day!