Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Novicefps
Journeyman III

Need a procesor with a small fan cooler

Hello everyone.

I have a gigabyte B450M gaming motherboard and I need a ryzen processor with a small fan cooler.Any ryzen processor I checked had a fan that covered some of the ram slots. Can anyone suggest one, please.

0 Likes
8 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

The Wraith Spire and Prism which is the only ones I can vouch for, these won't go over ram slots in any way, specially the Spire. But I won't give 100% guarantee for the Prism.

One of the boards I've tested is even smaller than Micro ATX (but not Mini ITX, its something in between)

=the Other way=

If you have a small case with low height clearance, I would suggest a 120 or 140 AIO, if not, a NH-U12S redux will not get into the ram slots in any way.

The Englishman
0 Likes

@johnnyenglish where would I get a wraith spire ?

0 Likes

If you buy a Ryzen 5 3600X BOX it will bring bundled the Spire cooler. The R5 3600 should bring the Stealth cooler and R7 upwards will bring the Prism.

I know that this angle is not the best (and they seem obstructed) but both ram modules have all the clearance in the world. 

johnnyenglish_0-1625090561174.png

The Englishman
0 Likes

@johnnyenglish. If I buy a AMD ATHLON 3000G, could I buy a separate fan cooler, that would be small, is it possible to buy the processor and cooler seprate. What fan would you recomend if so.

0 Likes

Do you really want a CPU that low on specs? Well.. that CPU is boxed as well, most AMD CPU's are, so they will bring with them a cooler.

Do you have a dedicated graphics? If you have, buy one of these:

R5 3600X or non X
R5 5600X (more expensive)

If you don't have  a graphics card, maybe one of these:

5700G/5600G
4700G/4600G

Cheers

The Englishman
0 Likes

I checked the spec's o f the motherboard I have on the gigabytes website and it said the board is compatible with ryzen 1st gen / 2nd gen / 3rd gen and the 5000 series ryzen cpu's, so I guess one of these cpu's will have to do. Do you know if the 5000 series is any good.

0 Likes

The 5000 is expensive but awesome good! You will need to update your BIOS before upgrading to the new CPU.

The Englishman
0 Likes

@johnnyenglish will a ryzen 5 1600AF be any good ?

0 Likes