cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Gourry32
Journeyman III

Need a older cpu to update bios help

Back in February i finally got a Ryzen 7 and prior to that i had already gotten my Ram and new Mobo but the fan i ordered was not the right one at the time, so i had to reorder a newer one last month, Well now that i have all the parts my father and i tried to install it last month but we came up with the issue that the bios was out of date, and since my prior CPU was an Intel i could not update the bios. Now that i know i need top update i was wondering if someone can maybe suggest a CPU i can get to update the bios for my Ryzen 7. I know i can get a loaner kit but i think a permanent one would be good for any debugging purposes. so if anyone can help me let me know.

My Mobo is an Asus Prime X570-Pro.

0 Likes
1 Solution

any ryzen 1xxx-4xxx will do the job, or athlon 200GE

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Check near the CPU socket, there will be a sticker that shows the BIOS version you have, then check on ASUS's site for your Motherboard, check the Bios you have and what CPU it supports and pick one from there that is locally available and cheap.

0 Likes

i was able to find that its version 2407 but not been able to find a compatible CPU to update the bios and not sure if the flash method would work or not to update. so if you or anyone else knows a compatible inexpensive CPU please let me know

0 Likes

any ryzen 1xxx-4xxx will do the job, or athlon 200GE

0 Likes

Thanks i will begin to locate one

0 Likes