Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jplegris
Journeyman III

Mystery WHEA-Logger 18 Ryzen 5600x

Latest setup:

Mainboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus (MS-7256)
Mainboard-BIOS: 7C56v15
CPU: Ryzen 5600x (CPU #2)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHZ (2x16) (CMK32GX4M2Z3200C16) Ryzen Validated
Drive: M.2 WD Blue 1TB SSD
Graphics: SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 6700 XT
PSU: Gigabyte P750GM
Chipset driver: 2.13.27.501

I first build my pc with the following:

Mainboard: AORUS A520M Elite
Mainboard-BIOS: f12
CPU: Ryzen 5600x (CPU #1)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3600MHZ (4x8) (CMK16GX4M2D3600C18) realized afterwards there was intel logos on
Drive: M.2 WD Blue 1TB SSD
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1060
PSU: Thermaltake 1000W (older PSU)

In the first hour after the build (latest bios + all drivers upto date) i saw the first random reboot with the famous WHEA-Logger ID 18 error then worked well for a while.
a couple of days later again so started to do some research and got my RAM changed to (Latest setup) still same random reboots.

A few days later managed to get a hold of a GPU 6700xt and thought that the random reboot could be because of old power supply so i got a new PSU (Latest Setup)

Replaced the GPU and PSU after a couple of hours random restarts with the black screen and WHEA-Logger ID 18 still.

Speaking with the tech at the store he mentionned it could be a MotherBoard issue so bought a new mobo (latest setup) as they can't take any returns right now.

I replaced the mobo and thought it should be it but still same issue. So the only part that still could need replacement is the cpu. Bought a new 5600x as again they can't take any returns.

Changed the CPU(CPU #2) and now everything has been replaced so I thought everything should be working now but i was wrong.

So now after reading a few post here and there i did some more troubleshooting trying most of what I found online and in this forum and still some random restarts.

Steps that I did:

- Update Bios to latest stable version 7C56v15
- All drivers have been updated to latest
- re-installed a fresh copy of windows
- Disabled CBP and PBO default settings xmp on and off
- Every piece of equipment in the build has been replaced issue still present.

Any idea would be appreciated.

0 Replies