cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mr_furball
Adept I

My system reboots after installing AMD driver for Ryzen 2200G

We would like to know if the problem we are having on the new PC is a motherboard or CPU problem. Whenever we format the PC and install any video drivers, such as the Ryzen 2200G APU, the PC starts to reboot itself. In the last format, the system started rebooting without having installed anything. I restarted the PC by accident, the resolution changed permanetly and it was wrong. I tried to update microsoft video driver and the pc starting booting up again. I formatted but didn't delete all the partitions, and the resolution and boot up problems stayed. It works if we don't install drivers. Other programs are fine, like music, Office, Photoshop.. When we put a video card to test, everything seemed to go well. Well installed drivers for GPU and CPU and it kept working. Game performance was extremely poor (no card). Even if we were single channel, games like Half-Life 2 were running at 15 frames per second. I know that Ryzen, specially APUs, run better with dual channel. Please don't comment that (of course, if it's causing the problem, you should comment). We are talking about 15fps on half life 2. Something is wrong.
So that's it. It enters a reboot loop that never stops. I could not repair with boot / rec and any other prompt.

Ryzen 3 2200G

GA-AB350M-DS3H (F31 BIOS version)

550W PSU

HyperX Fury 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 CL15 HX424C15FB2/8

1TB HDD Seagate

0 Likes
23 Replies