cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Siryn
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

My Ryzen 5 5600X and it's high temperature issues.

Hi everyone,

So I've recently built a new PC with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X as my CPU but I've been struggling to find reasonable temps for the CPU. I downloaded Ryzen Master to assess the temperatures and found that normally, my CPU idle's at the 30°C (sometimes it spikes to idling at 50°) and when I ran Cinebench R23, it went up to 95° extremely quickly, and I felt like I had to stop the test before I damage my CPU. 

I recently bought this, only about two weeks ago. 

I have tried reapplying thermal paste by taking off the cooler, cleaning both the cooler and the CPU's IHS using 99% isopropyl alcohol like recommended. I added a "grain of rice" of thermal paste, and attached the cooler evenly by screwing it in using equal intervals of rotation. 

I was playing Valorant today morning and I peaked at Ryzen Master to see how it's doing and saw my CPU at temperatures like 88° which I believe is definitely a bad thing.

I feel like I've tried everything, and reapplying thermal paste seems to not be working. What do I do?  

PC SPECS:

CPU - R5 5600X

Motherboard - MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth Cooler (STOCK COOLER)

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Black ATX Mid Tower

(if I need to any other specs, please let me know and I will add it right away)

4 Replies
Schmelge
Adept I
Adept I

Re: My Ryzen 5 5600X and it's high temperature issues.

xlox
Miniboss
Miniboss

you can always try to change fan curve maybe , or buy a 100-150 euro AIO watercooling

i have a 5950x it can up to 70-80° with a 2 fan AIO wc

with a air cooler 90-95 seems possible ... whatever if the cpu is over specification cpu will shutdown computer .. so if this happens then yes it would be a problem but idle at 30 with some pick at 50 mean it's ok i think ...  do you read temps of cpu package or global cpu  .. in fact cpu package is typically higher and it's normal ( it's like tjunction for gpu i think, if someone can confirm that)

0 Kudos
JoltCola
Adept III
Adept III

If it hits 90C at load without PBO, that would indicate very poor cooling and/or case airflow to me. With PBO set to motherboard it will definitely hit your temp cap right away, that's the point of PBO, to uncap power limits.

0 Kudos
goodplay
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't think a 'grain of rice' paste is enough.

Plenty of Vids./guides on web for application/how to..

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT,
0 Kudos