cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

alexanderulti
Journeyman III

my ryzen 3 1200 overheated and it doesnt boot

my ryzen 3 1200 doesnt work it over heated and now it doesnt wanna display on screen it does turn on and everything which is a good sign but nothing wanna displays on screen if the cpu wasnt working the motherboard would be off i had to re applied the thermal compound but that didint do anyone know how to make the bios show because it doesnt wanna show up in bios either no monitor detects the screen to

0 Likes
13 Replies
alexanderulti
Journeyman III

and Ive been working on this for three days or more.

0 Likes
alexanderulti
Journeyman III

and everything is amd product to.

0 Likes

Do you have your monitor connected to your GPU Card. Because your processor doesn't have integrated Graphics.

Also would really helpful to get your computer information setup.

0 Likes

The setup is ryzen 3 1200 motherboard is prime b350 plus and gpu is rx 460 and no i had it connected into the gpu.

0 Likes

When the computer won't boot up what Trouble LEDs, Trouble Codes, or Odd BEEPs occurs on you motherboard?

It is possible the Motherboard got damaged when the Ryzen overheated. If you can install the Processor on another motherboard and it works, that would eliminate the Processor and probably indicate a bad motherboard.

If your computer won't boot up, it is best to remove all hardware connected to your motherboard except Monitor, GPU, PSU, CPU, Keyboard & Mouse, C: Drive and have only one Stick of RAM Memory installed. That way everything is narrowed down to those basic hardware.

Sorry I misread your original post.

0 Likes

no your good and thanks i will try that.

0 Likes

I unplugged the stuff and all ill test it now

0 Likes

I get power from the motherboard and everything but receiving no display i even unplugged the cpu thing like took it out not all the way just left the pin thing up and that recieves power i did transfered my stuff onto my laptop i dont know how i can get it back onto my desktop

0 Likes

alexanderulti wrote:

i even unplugged the cpu thing like took it out not all the way just left the pin thing up and that recieves power i did transfered my stuff onto my laptop i dont know how i can get it back onto my desktop

What do you mean from you comment above?

What stuff did your transfer to your laptop?

Does the motherboard have any Trouble LEDs lit or Digital Trouble Codes or odd BEEPS when you power up?

Could your GPU Card have a defective video output or maybe the GPU card itself is defective. Do you get any video signal at all when you power up?  Are you able to enter BIOS/UEFI?

Does your motherboard have another compatible PCIe slot where you can switch your GPU Card too? in case the motherboard PCIe slot is defective.

You must have at least one RAM Memory stick installed to have video and see BIOS/UEFI.

Can you please post all of your computer setup information. Thanks

0 Likes

hey dude my monitor detects my gpu now i even clean my cpu but when its powered on no bios screen is showed what should i do

0 Likes

also thermal compound is still on the cpu had things in the pins clean it very gentle and slowly

0 Likes
alexanderulti
Journeyman III

update on the computer the pc cpu is fine now had three beeps and ram is bad due to overclocking the ram how do i reset it?

0 Likes

Do a Clear CMOS (Removing the battery). This will reset BIOS to it original defaults which will remove any RAM Overclocking you did manually.  Need to consult your Motherboard's manual on how to do properly

0 Likes