cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

brickokermis
Journeyman III

My Ryzen 2700x doesn't boost more than 3.85Ghz

Hello friends, I'm brand new on this forum, I come here to get your help. In October I bought a 2700X Neuf. But as indicated in the title, my 2700X does not want to increase its frequency any further. I tried all the tricks is unimaginable, by activating/deactivating options in the bios I'm still stuck at ~3.85 Ghz booster on All cores.

My Pc:

R7-2700X

MB MSI GAMING PRO CARBON

AIO CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES - H100I PRO RGB

PACK FANS 3xLL120 CORSAIR

DDR4 CORSAIR 3200MHZ VENGEANCE PRO (AMD READY)

MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X+

PSU 750 SEASONIC PLUS 80+Gold

2xHDD 4TB 5400 and 1xHDD 2TB 7200 

2xSSD 2.5" 1TB

CASE COOLERMASTER H500P

The Ryzen Master software, the Windows 10 task manager and HWmonitor all give me the same values for frequencies, voltages and temperatures.

Can you help me get at least 4Ghz. Which seems to be the basis of all 2700X...  I have a practically "normal" frequency with an almost top-of-the-range cooling system, except that it is already there.

HELP ME, Please. 

thank.

2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

brickokermis, when any one of PPT, TDC, EDC or CPU temperature hits their limit, the CPU voltage and clocks are reduced to protect the processor.  In your case EDC is 100%.  To go faster you will need to raise the limit.  You have hit the default maximum in Ryzen Master (RM).  You will need to go into the BIOS and see if it will allow you to raise the limit, then use RM to raise its limit.  Thanks much for the RM screenshot, but please just drag-n-drop the image into your reply - no external link is required.  RM is the only valid reporter on parameters.  Please be careful with HWmonitor - the least valid.  Your specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

My RM for Cinebench:

pastedImage_3.jpg

I had to use the BIOS to increase PPT and TDC.

Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I am very interested in this Ryzen Master. I do not remember downloading it nor have I ever seen it when trying to tweak my R7 2700X. Where is it available? I have also had poor success in OC'ing my processor, usually ending in black screen and a trip to the BIOS to reset values.

AMD Ryzen R7 2700X on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max 64GB Corsair RGBPro RAM MSI Armor 8GB RX580 WD NV750 Black Creative xFi Fatality 7.1 Twin MSI Optix MAG27322CQR
0 Likes