This is my first post in this forum!

i have built my PC in August 2018

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 
M/B: ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming 
GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3

all of a sudden my PC stopped working and wouldnt post giving red cpu led after troubleshooting we have tested another CPU and the PC worked fine with no issues, i used my CPU in another PC and it wont post same problem took it to a well known shop here too and have confirmed its a the CPU, so is it under warranty? as i have contacted AMD by filling the form but i havent heard of them.

is there any other way to contact them or do this?

sorry for my english, and thank you!

0 Likes
4 Replies

First good troubleshooting and finding out it is a hardware (CPU) Issue.

According to AMD Warranty, if you bought the CPU from a box, it has a three year Warranty and should be covered if bought within those three years. AMD Processor in a box (PIB) 3 Year Limited Warranty | AMD 

Is this the AMD RMA WARRANTY you files online from: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD ?

If you did you should receive a reply email detailing what information they need such as photos or receipts, etc.

Have you tried returning it from the place you purchased the CPU? They might replace it under their own Warranty.

Thank you Elstaci for the replay!

and yes i used that online form and followed all the instructions before hand, i only received an automated email and thats it, they havent requested anything so far or contacted me.

as for the place i bought it from it was online from Newegg and they have only 15 days return since im an international buyer.

im abit worried about the shipping fees as well since the shipping to the USA is very costly here.

Regards, 

0 Likes

If AMD Replied by automatic response, Did the email mention a CASE NUMBER by any chance? 

If it did, post it here and maybe one of the Moderators can check to see if it is being processed.

Hello,

Sorry for the late response I have done the RMA and got my number and shipped the CPU and so far I received an email confirming they received it and it passed inspection 

Dear Al-Nassir,

Your return processor has successfully passed the inspection and your
    replacement product is now approved.

Please expect a follow up email shortly confirming your replacement
    product shipment.

Best Regards,
    AMD Global Customer Care

Got this on Feb 15

Regards,