cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

My FX9590 overheats a bit on my CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z i do not expect much help from asus and even though last time failed to fix my problem i hope maybe a new motherboard will fix to problems with one stone any recommendations to go with my FX9590

My FX9590 overheats a bit on my CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z i do not expect much help from asus and even though last time failed to fix my problem i hope maybe a new motherboard will fix two problems with one stone any recommendations to go with my FX9590

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: My FX9590 overheats a bit on my CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z i do not expect much help from asus and even though last time failed to fix my problem i hope maybe a new motherboard will fix to problems with one stone any recommendations to go with my FX9590

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION | Community

But I bet your problem is inadequate cooling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: My FX9590 overheats a bit on my CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z i do not expect much help from asus and even though last time failed to fix my problem i hope maybe a new motherboard will fix to problems with one stone any recommendations to go with my FX9590

nope actually the problem was my motherboard was completely incapitable because it doesn't provide enough power to the cpu to run at 4.7 it only supports a cpu thats up to 140 W

the fx 9590 needs a motherboard that can support up to 220 W

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

That's why BZ asked :

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

But the wrong Mobo with that CPU will also cause those issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

You are incorrect, that motherboard supports the FX 9590: CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z | Motherboards | ASUS Global

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

it's addital cooling required may be because of lack of power and i posted this because i was looking for a new motherboard that would have less trouble with it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

No, it's additional cooling because of the 220 TDP, the Crosshair V does support that processor just fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

it doesn't come with the thermal cooler you are mentioning and the one my 8320 had isn't able to do enough for it and your idea of supporting it just fine is it killing itself i would much rather instead of voiding the warranty buy another motherboard black

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

and i can't handle 220 tdp it only 140 in watts  not 220 witch means regardless of what you do it's going to run on 140 watts not the 220 watts that cooler was designed for

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

0 Kudos