cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ozzy1963
Adept I

my FX-8370 will not boot my gigabyte GA-970 gaming even after bios update to F2 the board boots my Phenom 2x just fine and vice versa the8370 boots my asus board fine i have tryed everthing they said the new bios update fixed this but it did not i ne

my FX-8370 will not boot my gigabyte GA-970 gaming even after bios update to F2 the board boots my Phenom 2x just fine and vice versa the8370 boots my asus board fine i have tryed everthing they said the new bios update fixed this but it did not i need some help thanks dan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: my FX-8370 will not boot my gigabyte GA-970 gaming even after bios update to F2 the board boots my Phenom 2x just fine and vice versa the8370 boots my asus board fine i have tryed everthing they said the new bios update fixed this but it did not

According to the specifications for that Motherboard, it should be supported. I would recommend contacting Gigabyte for assistance.

GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Socket AM3+ - AMD 970 - GA-970-Gaming (rev. 1.0)

ozzy1963
Adept I

Re: my FX-8370 will not boot my gigabyte GA-970 gaming even after bios update to F2 the board boots my Phenom 2x just fine and vice versa the8370 boots my asus board fine i have tryed everthing they said the new bios update fixed this but it did not

hi i have contacted gigabyte and i have not heard from them micro center in DALLAS TX  brushed me off to sad well know you no why i am a dedicated AMD user and have been since the beginning im going to just sell board at a loss  i went and bought a ASUS ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard off newegg comes today well if anybody comes up with the fix let me know and ill do the same thanks so much OZZY46 said that

tomtalk24
Paragon

Is this your first FX chip? Most manufactures where pushing bios updates for the later AM3+ chips. Sadly it is the mobo and that manufacture that is responsible for maintaining CPU compatibility, nothing AMD can do to help.

Not sure about Gigabyte but Asus will do everything they can to get you up and running. Can you not return your Gigabyte board as defective? Not sure of your consumer rights in the US. My last Gigabyte board the PCI went wrong, and customer service was slow. Might be why it was my last.

0 Kudos
ozzy1963
Adept I

Re: my FX-8370  will not boot my gigabyte GA-970 gaming even after bios update to F2 the board boots my Phenom  2x just fine and vice versa the8370 boots my asus board fine i have tryed everthing   they said the new bios update fixed this but it did not 

yes i have tried to but noreply i bought a asus 970 board works fine we its my last gigabyte

ozzy1963
Adept I

Re: my FX-8370  will not boot my gigabyte GA-970 gaming even after bios update to F2 the board boots my Phenom  2x just fine and vice versa the8370 boots my asus board fine i have tryed everthing   they said the new bios update fixed this but it did not 

i will most likly return it asus is on it thanks

tomtalk24
Paragon

I think its safe to say Asus wont let you down, quality products, quality service. Glad your sorted

0 Kudos