cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nebuleh
Journeyman III

My current CPU dilemma

So i bought a pre-built rig from cyberpowerpc a year ago (i did not have the time to make it myself).

My specs are as follows

AMD-FX8370 (CPU)

8GB DDR3 2133mhz (RAM)

EVGA GTX 1070 gaming edition (GPU)

Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler

this is my problem. I noticed that randomly my pc shuts off low and behold its my cpu getting to hot. my idle temp is 80 degrees Celsius when i run games it gets into the upper 90's

i have no OC on my cpu nor gpu nor ram everything is stock default settings when it comes to OC

i have dusted and cleaned my tower multiple times still same issue with my cpu temp

with the current cooler i have installed its a "maintenance free" cooler so i have not did anything with it thus far besides the dusting.

i was thinking of trying to put new thermal paste on my cpu block and cpu but after watching a video from a fairly large youtuber his test show that thermal paste does not start making a huge difference in temps until about 4-5 years (his info not mine) and my pc is not but a little over a year old

so i need help i do not know weather its my cooler (which i thought it was a good cooler for what it was) or should i try and re apply thermal paste or if i just need a new cooler overall.

any opinions/thoughts is highly appreciated.

-Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply

Contact Cyber Power for warranty service, sounds like the CPU cooler is faulty.