cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Aragius
Adept I

My CPU fan is at 0rpm

Hello, i recently had my pc, at first it was making a loud noise, that worried me, i couldn't recognise where the noise is coming from, some people adviced me to make a fan curve, so i went to the bois, found out that the CPU fan is at 0rpm

I don't understand if its good or bad, well, it doesn't seem promising tbh, so that's why i need some help, of why that happened and how to fix it

My motherboard is b450m pro-vdh max 

Ryzen 5 5500

1660s

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Aragius, can you see the fan and is it stopped? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Okay that's how it works, once i turn on the pc, the fan would start working, but it stops for one second regularly when the windows logo appears, just for a moment, then it keeps working again, it happens every time that i thought it's normal

That's first

Second, when i tried to do the fan curve, the cpu fan had zero rpm, the fan wasn't rolling at that time when i got into the bios, yet, when i checked the fan curve and i made the fan run at 50% when the processor goes on 10 degrees, the rpm started counting normally, but when i sat the fan curve as before, the rpm went back to zero, so simply, the rpm would be at 0 unless i use 50% of the fan speed, so what could be the reason for that? 

Also, even when the processor is on 25 degrees, the fan would be still working, and the processor would be on a normal temperature, so I'm really confused, like what could be the issue?

0 Likes

Why did you open a second identical thread when you have one currently running: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-5-5500-stock-fan-is-too-loud/m-p/582804#M51845

0 Likes