cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bread94
Journeyman III

My 3950x runs at 80c while watching netflix

Hi, I'm using a H100 cooler with my CPU. Everytime I try installing the chipset drivers I get really high temps and uninstlaling does not fix it - though sometimes it helps. I've manage to fix this issue a few times now but in honesty, it was pot luck. I'm seeing people report idle temps in the 40s and 50s, whereas mine go to 65c at the lowest and without this issue, they're between 55-65c, which does seem okay.

When gaming I keep egtting really high temps with this issue also, a minumum of 85c, often going all the way up to 95c... this can't be normal. (without it usually sits at 70c, with occasional small peaks of 5-10c)

Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have a fix? It's been driving me crazy, I'm trying to watch netflix and it sound slike a boeing 747 is trying tot ake off in my room. I've already tried updating my bios and making sure my AIO is screwed on evenly and not too tightly.

0 Likes
5 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Your processor may be running with high core voltage. But even if this is the problem, it is not normal for your processor to go to 95 degrees with 100 watts. Before undervolting, you should repeat the CPU cooler connection with a quality thermal paste.

Edit: You must also make sure that the cooler pump is working properly with full-speed.

0 Likes

My apologies, it is the H100i I am using. I have screwed it on tighter to ensure there is a good connection and i checked the pump, one hose is coooler than the other. Still change in temps, going over 80c just by using chrome. I'm using conductonaut liquid metal paste and as I've used this AIO before, I used extra paste to fill in the gaps of the solid residue left on the AIO... could it be too much of this liquid metal paste causing the issue? My friend said that but sometimes my temps are what I'd consider normal, then instlaling the chipset drivers makes them skyrocket, leading me to believe it's a software-related issue.

0 Likes

I do not have metal paste experience. But I think you don't need it for the CPU. I think your cooler should work up to 80-85 degrees for 100 watts. I also think it would be better if you do undervolting.

0 Likes

Also, could it be a cracked program? I downloaded one not long ago that required a registry fix. I have ran Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and they didn't find anything though.

0 Likes

No...

0 Likes