cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

brucep21
Journeyman III

MSI X370 w/ Ryzen 5 2600 - Not reading CPU

After a lot of research and attempting everything I could find online and what MSI walked me through, I am guessing the x370 board needs a bios update to read it. I have filled out a ticket about the issue and then read more about it and I guess you have request a boot kit through RMA. How long does it normally take for AMD to respond to their tickets? I have both filled out and a expensive box now on my floor completely useless to me besides being a night light from the fans. If you have any suggestions to solve my issue feel free to post. I am at about 6 hours since my ticket was posted (so havent been waiting long) Just curious and frustrated.

0 Likes
3 Replies

A day or so, depends on how swamped they are, though your primary and secondary methods of BIOS update are the manufacturer and retailer.

0 Likes

Retail: Amazon

Manufacturer: MSI - went through their support and they wanted me to RMA my motherboard, even though I asked for a bios update. Through reading their RMA, you are most likely getting a refurbished back and not your the board you bought. All my parts are bought new and just arrived 2 days ago, do not really want to go a refurb route.

Thank you for the response appreciate it.

0 Likes
shajar
Journeyman III

Hi there,

I have the exact same issue with same CPU and an MSI 320M Gamer Pro board, full parts computer built (for my son) sitting on table faulty as can't flash the BIOS and will cost me a mint to return it to get the reseller to flash BIOS, or take it to a local IT shop to get ripped off to do it !!

My first AMD purchase......should have stuck with Intel.

How long did it take for them to send you a boot kit?

0 Likes