cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

adamgrant82
Journeyman III

MSI no post with CPU Debug LED on Ryzen 5 3600

Anyone have this problem before and what does it mean?
When the computer was turned on this morning there was three short beeps( there was no repeating beeps also) with the debugger LED stock on CPU with no post after two forced restarts later it posted but the XMP profile was turned off and had to enable again.  This seems to only happen at first post three different times so far. I had another motherboard I thought was bad that I sent back through RMA cause it was doing almost the same thing half the times it wouldn't post with three beeps and CPU debug LED on while other times it did the same thing but stock on VGA debug LED so I sent that board back I have since replaced all the hardware as I'm rebuilding my main system the last hardware to be replaced is the Ryzen 5 3600 but now I'm having weird posting problems with it stuck on CPU debug. I had to replace the memory kit I was using cause for some reason it stopped being stable at stock 3200MHz and had to downclock it to 3133MHz This kit was tested with memtest86 and passed at lower speeds. I am running memtest86 again with the new memory kit and so far it's passed the first run with no errors with XMP on set to 3200MHz. The new memory kit is listed by MSI as supported. Once the computer posts and boots into Windows it works fine I even ran Prime95 stress test for over two hours without any problems the temps seem okay idle temps are around 28C-36C and under full load under stress testing it never goes over 77C most times hovers around 72C-75C
I'm lost at what to do next.

Spec's:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB 3200MHz Memory
MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT GAMING MX 6GB
MSI MAG b550 Tomahawk Motherboard
MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R AIO Liquid Cooler
Seasonic FOCUS GM-750, 750W 80+ Gold PSU
Samsung 980 Pro 500GB PCIe Gen 4 SSD
Western Digital Blue 4TB hard drive
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus Sound Card
Windows 10 Pro
0 Likes
1 Reply
andyjshaw
Journeyman III

I have the exact same issue. My computer was working fine for 2 months and out of nowhere it stopped working. I did a ton of tests and replaced every single part with working parts except for the CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) and the computer still will not post. My first MOBO had the VGA LED on and the second MOBO had the CPU LED on. I'm waiting to RMA my CPU because it seems like other people have had this issue too. It sounds like you should too and apparently it will take 5 weeks to process from when you first put in your request.

0 Likes