cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mr_crispy_lumpia
Journeyman III

Motherboard shows CPU LED error running AMD Ryzen 5 3400G

Computer has been working fine for the month since it was built and all of a sudden today while downloading Fortnite the display went black. No power to the mouse or keyboard as well. The LED is on for a CPU error on my Asus ROG Strix B450-F. How can I tell if the CPU went out or if it's the motherboard? 

0 Likes
3 Replies

This reply is just to directly answer your post but maybe you should try troubleshooting first to give Support a better understanding of what might be wrong.

Open two Warranty Support tickets, one to your Asus Warranty Support for your motherboard and one to AMD Warranty for your processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

See if one or both recommends to RMA your hardware.

Troubleshooting:

1- Any Motherboard Trouble LEDs or Code showing besides the CPU Trouble LED?

2- Remove all RAM except one stick and see if it boots up in case a RAM module went bad.

3-Remove all hardware except PSU, CPU, GPU, Keyboard & mouse, Monitor, and RAM and see if it boots up or the Trouble LED changes.

4-When you power up do all the Case and CPU Cooler fans start running?

5-Any unusual BEEPS when you power up?  Might indicate a different hardware at fault.

6-Double check to make sure all PSU cables are tightly installed to the motherboard and all hardware connected.

7-Check your PSU and see if it is on when you power up or see anything unusual.

Sound like something shorted out or went bad. Did you have any Power outages before this occurred? 

If everything above checks good or no change then it is best to turn in both the Motherboard and CPU. Otherwise if you RMA the motherboard and then find out the Processor is bad you will be out of a computer twice as long.

Good  luck!

0 Likes

I did everything mentioned about and still the same. Everything turns on, but No Boot and the CPU Led is on. It's the CPU, because I just put in on a brand new motherboard and the CPU Led came on with the same results. Going to open up an RMA with AMD. Thanks for your help. 

By the way, AMD Warranty starts AFTER your Retailer/Vendor's Warranty expires.

So if your AMD Processor is still under your Retailer's Warranty you need to go through them first.

0 Likes