cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ukibria
Journeyman III

Motherboard BIOs

Can I run Ryzen 3 3100 on MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max with AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.0 BIOS?

0 Likes
1 Solution

The best place to get an answer is to open a MSI SUPPORT Ticket and ask them directly since they are the ones that created the BIOS for their motherboards.

Meanwhile if you still want to update the BIOS to a newer version just install the one that doesn't involve the 5000 Series processors until you get an answer from MSI Support.

This seems to be latest for Non-5000 Series CPUs BIOS:

Version: 7B86vHA
Release Date: 2020-11-27
Description: - Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I don't see any reason not to.

MSI Support for BIOS download page (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PLUS-MAX#support-cpu) doesn't mention any restrictions for any specific processor so it should be compatible with your Ryzen 3100.

Screenshot 2021-02-26 095008.png

Unless you have heard of other Users having issues with the latest BIOS version then I would install the next previous BIOS Version instead.

But I heard that Ryzen 3000 will not support on these BIOSes. As AMD said that new BIOSes are for Ryzen 5000 series processors. I am confused. I could not find any related post.

0 Likes

The best place to get an answer is to open a MSI SUPPORT Ticket and ask them directly since they are the ones that created the BIOS for their motherboards.

Meanwhile if you still want to update the BIOS to a newer version just install the one that doesn't involve the 5000 Series processors until you get an answer from MSI Support.

This seems to be latest for Non-5000 Series CPUs BIOS:

Version: 7B86vHA
Release Date: 2020-11-27
Description: - Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0