cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sghost
Adept II

Monitor won't turn on after installing CPU

Hello, I just installed my new CPU ( Ryzen 5 5500 ) and now my monitors and keyboard won't turn on, but my mouse turns on. My old CPU was a ( Ryzen 3 3100 ). I updated the BIOS to the correct version for the new CPU before putting it in. I replugged my ram and GPU just incase something popped out. Did I ruin my entire computer? Should I try using my old CPU? 

Here's my specs

MB: ASRock320M a/c 

GPU: RX 6600

New CPU: Ryzen 5 5500

Old CPU: Ryzen 3 3100

0 Likes
6 Replies
sghost
Adept II

I forgot to clarify, the PC turns on, new CPU fan and PC fans work. The monitor just won't turn on when I plug it into the MB or GPU

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you solve it?

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

What is your board?

If you are getting problems booting up, consider getting one of these, they will beep some short and long tones to help you identify the problem.

johnnyenglish_0-1680732502792.png

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try to update your motherboard bios to agesa v1.2.0.7.

If you do not have flash bios button you need to use your old cpu and update bios and how you can see in your motherboard manual.

some board have flash bios button and its good feature to have when you upgrade cpu.

maybe you did not get image because ryzen 5500 did require new bios in order to work  and without flash bios button you must use your old cpu and update motherboard bios and after that you need to install ryzen 5500 in order to work.

But maybe you did already change ryzen 5500 for ryzen 3600.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

11199900.PNG

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

my motherboard b450 tomahawk max have flash bios button and one usb port is for special use to insert usb flash memory and you can use that button and you do not even need cpu installed on your motherboard to update bios.

but if your motherboard do not have that flash bios button and you have older bios that do not support ryzne 5000 you must use your old cpu and turn on your pc and update your bios in order for your pc to work with ryzen 5000.

Agesa v1.2.0.0 is first version that did come with ryzen 5000 support.

I have 2700x and I use agesa v1.2.0.7

Its too early to go with agesa v1.2.0.8

0 Likes