Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Missing pin on AMD Vishera FX-6300

Hello everyone

Sh*t happens and by accident i have broken pin on my Processor AMD Vishera FX-6300.

Is here someone from AMD who can tell me if is this pin blind or important ? (red mark on picture)

Or who i should contact ?

CAM00057.jpg

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Missing pin on AMD Vishera FX-6300

While you are waiting such specific information (it may take a looong time). Can you just try to install it in motherboard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Hi man

I heard, that is possible to dmg whole motherboard if is this pin ground or something important.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

amdmatt​ will have to tell you the exact function, but since AM3 processors work in AM3+ boards, I will say that any vital functions of any AM3 processor have the same pin assignment as AM3+ processors. That being said, I was able to find a pin assignment document for Socket AM3, http://wfcache.advantech.com/www/certified-peripherals/documents/96mpaa-2.8g-2mam3t_Datasheet.pdf​, based on how you have that processor turned, the only pin next to a void that is 7 from the edge is row 7, pin AE, and it's labeled NP/ VSS, meaning "Pin is not populated on the package but socket hole connects to ground", so you shouldn't have any loss in functionality.

Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Yep,come up with the same :

NP/VSS Pin is not populated on the package but socket hole connects to ground.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Wow ! You are really amazing ! Thank you so much! ♥

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

On my 965 phenom2 i have 2 broken pins. Come to find out after popping it in my motherboard it booted with only the first 2 ram slot the other 2 i needed to leave emptybecause it wouldnt not post . I was actually able to overclock it with stock cooling at one point with safe temps to game. Im not sure how but it ran fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Same kind of thing happened to me when I had my...think it was my Opteron 165 (such a long time ago...). I bent a few pins when I was removing the cooler to clean it and didn't bother with letting it warm beforehand so it popped out of the socket. I broke 2 getting them back aligned using a credit card, and I lost the ability to run dual channel RAM (which was much more important in those days than now), but otherwise it was fine. Loved that chip, overclocked very well and ran cool because it was an Opteron...