cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Xandre1890
Journeyman III

Microstutters in every game

Hey guys I’m getting an odd issue with my new Ryzen 5600x based system, there’s a persistent/regular heart beat-like micro-stutter in practically every game and it’s ruining my experience.

I’ve noticed that changing power plan affects the frequency of the spikes but doesn’t eliminate them.

So far I’ve reset my windows install, rolled back drivers, changed bios version, tried toggling c states and various other things. I really don’t know what to do, can someone give me any pointers?

Ive attatched 3 pics from games illustrating the issue (DOOM Eternal, Battletech & Arma 3)

Specs: 

Ryzen 5600x (non-OC) liquid cooled

ASUS B550-I Gaming Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz

RTX 3060Ti Ventus X2

SF600 PSU

615255D4-FB8D-40BA-AF9C-2B9B9361DD9F.jpeg

7C375003-56D0-4E72-B082-68AE0872B581.jpeg

1C2A4086-88A3-4C62-BF2C-6B1264D32147.jpeg

0 Likes
2 Replies
sinxcosx
Adept I

Maybe try setting the random access memory speed inside the BIOS manually to 3200MHz? Test the system.

What about your SATA settings? Anything with "hot-plug" related? I had a strange issue similar to yours a while ago where I plugged in my SSD's using this feature. I was getting micro-stuttering in everything I did. The manual for your board from Asuses website is inadequate so I can't see the BIOS settings. 

0 Likes
Robinhood
Adept I

A user on the LinusTechTips forum by the name of Neutraliz offered a solution which has apparently worked for several users. Link is here: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1177546-windows-10-micro-stutters-with-ryzen/page/2/

See if this works for you.

Steps :
- Go to the d
evice manager
- Develop "IDE ATA/ATAPI controller"
- Under that specific category, if it's not windows's own basic controller, but AMD's : uninstall every single drivers. 
- Reboot into safe mode via **bleep** + left click on restart. ( Otherwhise, your pc gonna be unable to boot properly )
- When you are into safe mode, you have nothing to do, just reboot properly into normal mode.

0 Likes