Did you mean: 

Processors

saturnus
Adept II

Re: Micro stutter after hibernating computer

Jump to solution

amdmatt
pokester

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't tried sleep because it requires power. I use hibernate after a day of work to power off the system but to be able to continue the next day.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Your PC uses less power in sleep mode than it takes to run it through POST and to resume hibernation.

0 Likes
saturnus
Adept II

Jump to solution

That is great to hear but I have to cut off power at night.

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

A UPS backup would probably maintain a computer at sleep with power out no problem. Maybe an option? I get your frustration. From my experience it really requires the MB, video, all other cards and the OS to play very nicely together for it to actually work. I have had very few desktop systems over the years where sleep functions all work the way the should.

0 Likes
saturnus
Adept II

Jump to solution

Still no solution. I just concluded the stutter is visual too.

0 Likes
saturnus
Adept II

Jump to solution

OKAY SOLVED

In the end....it was VLC PLAYER.
As soon as I use that software the symptoms start to happen and increase more and more. Call it ridiculous but it is true. I stopped using it for some weeks now and it goes well mostly. Still have to reboot every few days because the system starts to get slower in some things, but not even close to the annoying thing of before. Yet kinda sad considering with the AMD Phenom II I never had things like this. So what is VLC Player doing? I have no idea yet. Execute certain code or use certain codecs that bug the Ryzen???

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

You may be able to go into VLC player settings and disable hardware acceleration and it might help the issue. Worth trying if you would like to still use it.

Glad you figured out the culprit!

0 Likes