cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

whisp96
Journeyman III

MD4U163216CGDA RAM conflicting with new pc build ?

I have MD4U163216CGDA OLOY 32 gb memory, 5700g ryzen cpu, and msi b550 pro vdh wifi motherboard.

When I use the oloy memory, the DRAM light will be on and computer wont boot to bios. When I use different memory, computer boots bios and runs windows normally.it says that the RAM isn't compatible with ryzen apu's, which is what my cpu is.

Will the RAM work if I turn off the APU? Im pretty sure that the ram is compatible with the motherboard, but the cpu and ram are fighting and I dont have a memok button. Should I just return the OLOY memory, or is putting the OLOY memory in with the APU turned off worth a shot? Also how do I know if the memory isn't defective? (I'm pretty sure it isn't)

UPDATE: Tried putting memory back in with APU disabled. The computer restarted a few times, every time it had a bug light on, then the last time it had the DRAM light on again and I would have to HOLD the power button to shut down PC instead of normal press.

It's weird because every site that I pair the ram, memory, and motherboard on, they all say compatible. I will look into 5700g and b550 pro vdh wifi docs and see if I can find a spec that would make it seem that the ram is incompatible with another component.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I guess by now, you have seen the ram model is not listed on MSI compatibility.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I guess by now, you have seen the ram model is not listed on MSI compatibility.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Hi, I guess I wasn't on the right page/list. I got the RAM for around 80$ and the motherboard for around 80$ as well. At this point, I could return one or the other. Which do you think I should replace? Is there another motherboard for around 100-120$ that is similar to the one I have?

Also I don't care about on board wifi cause as I learned with this board, on board wifi usually sucks lol

0 Likes

Change ram for models listed on MSI site would be first choice.

Changing mobo means checking whether it also has support (by their list) for your current ram models.

Although msi don't have a ram list for 5xxxg series, there a good chance the 4xxxg series or ryzen 5xxx series lists would be compatible. You could ask msi tech support to be on the safe side. 

0 Likes