cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dark_avenger
Journeyman III

Low Core Speed on 1800x at Load!

Hi everyone. First things first, my cpu used to work cooler before. I have an Asus CH6 mobo and Corsair H80i. The temps were 32-35 C (idle) and 63-65 C (%100 load). I always update the bios when new one comes (a habit comes from the Ram support),  so i'm not sure it was all about the new bios. The new temps are 45-50 C (idle) and 74-75 C (%100 load). And i didn't test the cpu on games yet but when using Handbrake the core speed is fixed to 3.1 Ghz (1st pass) and 2.9 Ghz (2nd pass). I tested with aida64 cpu tests, it hit 3.6 Ghz and then tested with aida's stress test again it was 3.0 ghz (max). Is it all about the heat protection or anything else? I checked every hardware on my pc. I periodically clean my case with air-comp. And my drivers are all up2date.

And another issue is, sometimes screen freezes on my pc too. (it began about 2 months ago) When watching video or just hanging, the screen freezes but audio continues then screen comes back. I mean, no system crash, no blue screen, just pc is fine but screen comes after 3-5 second freeze.(with speed-up)

My Pc: Asus CH6 Hero, 1800x, 2x8Gb Vengeance Led, 850 Pro SSD, Aorus Gtx1080, Seasonic x-1250. Windows 10 and all other drivers are up to date. No new hardware or a new software installed.

I appreciate that if anyone helps me to solve these 2 issues.

Thanks.

0 Likes
9 Replies

BIOS 6302 is a little glitchy when it reports temperatures.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

dark_avenger, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  RM is the only temperature report you can trust.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

IDLE.jpgLOAD.jpgAIDA.jpg

0 Likes

Power plan set to high performance?

0 Likes

dark_avenger, please post a screenshot of RM with no other images covering half of RM.  If you are not running Ryzen Balanced Power Plan, then you probably do not have the AMD chip set drivers loaded,  Both are a problem.  Please go to the AMD Driver Download site download and install the latest Ryzen chip set drivers.  They will install and start the Balance Plan. Then post the RM screenshot.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
dark_avenger
Journeyman III

The latest driver are already installed as i wrote on my first message (v18.10.1018). And never touched any power plan after installation.

0 Likes

Well if you never touched the power plan then it's likely on Balanced or Ryzen Balanced which dynamically adjusts the CPU speed based on load. I keep mine on Balanced and use P-state overclocking, so when it's not under a full 8 core stress, the cores will be vastly different speeds.

0 Likes

I changed the thermal paste after cleaned with alcohol. I used Arctic mx-4 on the cpu. (Corsair H80i v2 Cooler)
Disabled the Sense Mı Skew on bios. After a few tries, idle temps dropped on 37 C from 45-50 C. But on heavy load still same (75 C and core speed dropped 3.0Ghz) Then i tried with turbo disabled, nothing changed. 

0 Likes

dark_avenger, please post a complete uncovered RM screenshot.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes