cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

aliasdreams
Newcomer

Looking to upgrade to a Ryzen Processor from intel i5 6500

I mostly do a lot of 3d work in blender and Zbrushcore, and my current processor is not really up to par for it, I as of right now have an intel core i5-6500 Skylake Quadcore, and as nice as it is for when I do pc gaming its not the best at all for what I do now. I had my eyes on a few Ryzen processors, my current budget places th e limit around 400$, I'm really just looking for a new CPU that is comparable with Windows 10, and can handle a lot lot more,  multitask and do content creation without major lags, and crashes, and delays like I experience now.

I have average RAM, and a PNY GPU, saving up for a AMD workstation GPU as well and motherboard. Im not looking for anything crazy at the moment processor wise like the new thread ripper that came out. But I'm looking for something that can handle a  good to great solid workload, and a multitasking when working on 3d stuff/content creation, but am currently stuck as AMD has a pretty nice range of processors that have a lot of performance specs that are impressive, and very confusing when it comes to where to start.

Any recommendations?

0 Likes
2 Replies

With a budget of $400 I'd look at the 2600X. 6 cores/12 threads vs your 4 core/4 thread, about 20% faster per core, and costs $240. Motherboard wise look at one with a B450 or X470 chipset, the ASRock X470 Master SLI/AC is a Newegg exclusive and costs $140, not a bad price for what you get with an X470 motherboard.

Though it blows your budget, you still might want to look at the 2700X, you get two more cores and slightly faster clock speeds, and if you're going to be doing heavy multitasking like you say, that extra $90 is a worthy investment at $330, and you're only $70 above your $400 budget with that motherboard.

I actually was looking most at the 2700x, my max cap limit is 400$ for a CPU,  and about 800 for motherboard and RAM.  Thank you, was a bit stuck on the 2600, it seemed very promising. Also major thanks for suggesting the AsRock X470 motherboard, looks a lot more better suited than the one I had in mind.

0 Likes