Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

UliR
Journeyman III

Lian Li Galahad 360 fitting

Hello everyone, good day to you!

On https://www.amd.com/en/processors/ryzen-thermal-solutions one can see a list of all fitting air and AIO coolers, quote: "The following coolers fit the performance criteria"

I'm interested in using the Lian Li Galahad 360 for cooling the upcoming Ryzen 5900XT, unfortunately it's not listed on linked AMD page.

Does anybody know if this is because the Galahad is not fitting/does not match the performance criteria, or is it just too new or unknown to AMD, so that's why it's not in the list?

Thank you very much in advance!
Uli

0 Likes
2 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

They don't appear to have anything from Lian Li tested.

Can't think of any reason why a 360 AIO wouldn't be able to cool the 5900XT.

I would assume that AMD just haven't managed to test this product yet.

The few reviews I have managed to find on the cooler seem to rate it very highly.

UliR
Journeyman III

Hello fyrel, thank you so very much for looking into it! I did not expect that, thank you, really.

Indeed, the few reviews about the Galahad I've read thus far are good, however, although I'm in general a tech-loving Lady who loves (up to even naming) her tech appliances, since my last computer build nearly 7 years ago in early 2014 I haven't looked into tech evolution, just recently I tried to catch up via majorly some Youtube tech channels, but the one I trust the most hasn't reviewed/benchmarked the Galahad yet, and this would be the first watercooling thing I ever laid my hand onto. Plus, it's apparently the first AIO Lian Li created, so I can't rely on past experiences with/benchmarks of prior AIOs by them.

Hence I'm overall a bit hesitant (and scared :)) and thought I'd ask here.
As Black Friday/Cyber Monday approaches, I want to purchase most major parts then, thus I've got to plan out my computer build until then, and the CPU cooler is a very important part. Usually I would have went for the Noctua NH D15, but space in the case might become a tight fit, and it might be also better for airflow (plus optics) to got for water cooling for the CPU (conventional air cooling for the rest of the case, at least until next upgrade in a few years with potentially all-water cooling).

I always try to build a somewhat silent computer, and the Galahad looks - at least from the specs the producer itself offers - as it'd be quite silent. Since this time I'll be using a case which is not insulated, silent fans are even more important.

The Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280/360 AIO was reviewed by that tech Youtuber as quite silent CPU AIO but quite powerful cooling capabilities and good fit for the Ryzen, however, it's black, and, aside from my first one, all my computer builds in the past ~2 decades had a white theme, thus I try to avoid hardware that's not white, unless I cannot avoid it (like with my next motherboard).
I don't particularly care for the LEDs in the Lian Li AIO, I'd set them to white anyway, but I do love indirect lighting.

Sorry in case I added obsolete intel, I'm new here and not accustomed yet what to add or ask.

Again, thank you so very much for giving feedback!
Kind regards, have a wonderful weekend.

0 Likes