cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

too
Journeyman III

Latest AGESA update ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C (MSI X570) breaks IOMMU groups

After upgrading my X570 motherboard to the latest BIOS version released November 2020, number of IOMMU groups dropped from around 30 to around 15. Unfortunately this means second graphics card ends up in IOMMU Group 0 along with 8 other various devices.

AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.0.8.1 is the last version working fine on my MPG X570 Gaming Plus motherboard (Ryzen 3950X).

Is there anyone from AMD knowin if this issue has been reported already and fix is in progress?

4 Replies
PantherTS
Journeyman III

I would really be interested in finding out why this happened as well and if MSI plans on fixing this issue in a later update?  It seems to be only happening this significantly to MSI boards.  I just called MSI technical support and inquired about this issue and they said they would forward it to their BIOS team...who knows if I'll ever hear back on that though.  I'd like a definitive answer though so I can make a more informed decision on which brand of motherboard to buy for my 5950x.

I have the same motherboard i noticed the same problem, and it's impact my ability to run windows into my linux environment. Do we have any updates on the matter ? Should we start sending emails on AMD and MSI for a fix ?

too
Journeyman III

For now just downgrade BIOS to 7C37vHA - IOMMU groups will be back to normal.

Does 7C37vHA retain the support for Zen 3 CPUs? Is that the original AGESA 1.0.8.1 update? Do we think that this is going to be fixed in another update as this is effecting all of the x570 lineup from MSI.

0 Likes