cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fenix230
Journeyman III

Latest AGESA introduced a sound/audio glitch/bug in games using Frostbite engine when any CPU overclock is applied on first gen Ryzen processors

It seems like other problems are also related to this new AGESA update:

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8318&title=ryzen-2xxx-agesa-code-potential-issues

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Audio-cutout-issue-with-Ryzen-overclock/td-p/5963549

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/ryzen-oc-battlefield-1-audio-issue.2501204/

In Battlefield 1, the audio tracks in the menu keeps changing and in-game, somes sounds are randomly missing.

Any CPU overclock (even 25mhz) will make this problem appear.

It seems to affect B350 and X370 boards.

Is there a way to let AMD know about this issue?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes
10 Replies

You can open a Email Support Ticket in which you most likely will get a reply here: Email Form

or you can report it to AMD Support here to let them know of the issue you are having but won't get a reply back: AMD Issue Reporting Form

Did you let the company that made your board know about your issues?

0 Likes
seigen
Adept I

I've tried bringing attention to this issue on here, Reddit, and other forums, but no one cares. The Ryzen 5 1600 is AMD's most popular CPU, and they seem to have no interest in addressing this problem.

0 Likes

I don't know what good telling people on Reddit or other forums does or does not do? I can tell you that I don't know of AMD having any official presence in those places, just as the do not here in these forums. These are community forums built of your peers, the links at the top of the forums with the forums rules explain this. AMD may never even see what you write here unless an AMD employee browsing these pages on their own time chooses to answer. There are only a couple employees that we ever see here and they seldom get involved. So it is your peers you are telling and it isn't, we don't care, but we can't do anything more than you can. I wish, as I am sure you assumed, that AMD did have a big presence here and that this was a good medium to connect with them, but it is not. You need to do as elstaci​ already told you to do and that is talk to AMD through a medium that they respond to. I suggest you open a support ticket: Email Form  They don't answer the issue reports it is like a suggestion box.

Now most likely this issue may be a BIOS related fix, which means that AMD will have no direct means to help you. AMD didn't make your mother board. As I already asked you above, have you let the company that made you board know about your issues? I highly recommend you open a support ticket with them too as I don't see anything you have leading me to believe you have done that. You are making assumptions coming here that this is even an AMD issue when this could absolutely be and board maker issue. Even if it is an AMD issue letting your board maker know is the best possible thing you can do, because the board maker listens to you and AMD answers to the board makers. If your board maker is complaining to AMD they will listen.

So please don't confuse others rational advice and the only way you can possible get the help you are asking for, as people not caring. If we didn't care we wouldn't respond, we are users just like you, not employees, not getting paid and only here because once upon a time we needed help and found this community ourselves. I promise you AMD cares about their problems and any true widespread issue, but they can't fix anything if you haven't actually told them or anyone else that has a possibility of beginning to help.

I will open a ticket with my board maker (MSI), since AMD replied to my ticket like if I was an ignorant...

Also, the problem is happening on different board brands (ASUS, ASRock, MSI, etc.), because it is related to the latest AGESA, which is made by AMD.

0 Likes

There was a new April update for battlefield 1 but the notes doesn't mention anything concerning fixing the problems you have stated.

If this is a AMD Agesa update issue, Shouldn't EA - Frostbite Engine creator make a patch to make it work with the new AMD microcodes being sent out?

0 Likes

I've contacted ASRock and AMD. Both of which gave useless responses, as expected. AMD claim a BIOS update cannot affect audio when playing games. They recommend reinstalling the BIOS and sound driver... ASRock suggests downgrading to a 3.x version BIOS (pre-1.0.0.1a AGESA), and say that newer versions are 'for' Ryzen 2000 series. I'm not about to do that since my motherboard (AB350 Pro4) came with 4.60 and the fact that old BIOS have significant memory compatibility and stability problems, in addition to lacking many settings added later.

I wonder if these people even read the sourced threads included in my support ticket, or just take a cursory glance at it and formulate a generic response.

0 Likes

I get your frustration, again none of us work for AMD and I have been in your shoes many times. The mother board maker do all the customizations to those bios that make it work with their board, in fact ASRock was subcontracted to even make the bridge. They should know exactly what the bios needs. Even if this is ultimately an AMD issue, they should be the ones talking with AMD on your behalf, not brushing you off. They just don't care to service the customers. Unless enough complain it isn't worth their time. File a BBB report in ASUS/ASRocks USA hometown  then watch them trip over themselves to help. While AMD may provide a base code just like they do a vanilla processor or gpu along with schematics for a reference design, just about every maker changes things beyond that, and that is beyond AMD's control. AMD does not actually make anything, it is all subcontracted. I don't absolve them from responsibility in all this either as they should have controls in place to better mediate the issues going on. At the end of the day though it is the company that MADE the product that is responsible for it. It is so funny that they want to pass blame back to AMD, yet every suggested fix is bios/hardware related.  I hope you find a fix or that one will be forth coming. If not, vote with your dollars next time you purchase. When they told you to regress that board of yours to an earlier bios when they claimed it is not compatible with the earlier processor, did you bring up that their box and website still claims compatibility with that processor. AMD didn't make that board really is the bottom line. Good luck, I really do mean it.

0 Likes
seigen
Adept I

Good news if you're a user of certain ASRock motherboards. New beta UEFI/BIOS updates were released that include AGESA version PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.3b, and it seems to resolve this issue. That's the case for my ASRock AB350 Pro4 with UEFI/BIOS version 4.73A/PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.3b, atleast.

Awesome! Glad your board maker supplied a fix!

0 Likes