cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Mug619
Journeyman III

Keeps rebooting randomly Event ID 18

I have had my pc now around 6 months and recently I keep getting an error where is just reboots by itself for no reason and i am not sure why. I went to event viewer and it said event Id18 "a fatal hardware error has occurred. reported by component: processor core error source: machine check exception error type: cache hierarchy error processor apic id: 0 the details view of this entry contains further information ". I am not sure what to do if someone can help that would be great. 

2 Replies
MT3300
Adept I

Same issue a friend is having and i'm not sure what causes it, posted about it here: https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/6-months-old-amd-pc-suddenly-crashes-and-restart-as-soon-win...

Edit: Could you post your specs?

0 Likes

its all good I had a professional look at it and they said the CPU is most likely defective and should be replaced.  my specs are gpu: GEFORCE GTX 1660 SUPER VENTUS XS OC 

mb: b450 tomahawk max

ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz 

cooler was Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan

ssd: WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal PC SSD 

They gave a list of things they did,

Set all fans to full speed in BIOS to see if it will overheat. it still restarted 

there was no BSoD code(not sure what that is)

disabled third party service still rebooted even in safe mode but it took longer in it.

weirdly, it does not reboot while in the BIOS menu 

cleaned, rolled backed all gpu drivers and still does it.

put a new gpu and tried a new  power supply no use.

they then concluded that the issue is most likely my CPU  

0 Likes