cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

chad27
Adept III

Just wondering about stock/default settings 3600

I have all the settings for the 3600 to default in Ryzen master. The thing I notice when playing is the speed in game for most part hovers around 4125/4200 according to msi app.. I assume this is the auto boost the chip does and if so what would be the point of overclock? Maybe just a little more MHz?

0 Likes
4 Replies
twerkthatboot
Adept II

Hi sir,

The Base clock for the 3600 is 3.6Ghz with a boost clock of 4.2Ghz on ONE or TWO cores for short bursts depending on your temperatures. I assume you see 4125-4200Mhz on one or more core at one time while other cores rest comfortably near 3600-3800Mhz. This is normal. Ryzen tends to boost only a single core out of the six you have to the rated boost speed that too only and only if the temperatures are in check.

Coming to your other question about overclocking, the chip is relatively new meaning less guidance for overclocking. Getting a stable all core overclock is hard. Managing a 4Ghz overclock on all six cores would be a great overclock but will require high voltage and massively increase the temperature resulting in instability.

Ok, thanks. I’ll just keep things like they are seems great in performance as is imo.

0 Likes

use the automatic boost, it is able to handle the workload of gaming or video etc. The feature was designed to take the guesswork out of overclocking and allows the CPU to provide more performance vs a static speed.

0 Likes

pbo works but I tried auto over clock then it crashed and reset. Haven’t tried since . Stock cooler so maybe can’t at the moment 

0 Likes