cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mazzi
Adept I

Just upgraded to a Ryzen 5 3600, but my monitor won't display anything.

I'm fairly new to computer stuff. I've only really upgraded my gpu before and it's worked great since. However, I recently thought I needed to upgrade my cpu. What I have is Ryzen 3 Quad Core and I just got a Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core. I watched videos and got advice and everything on putting it in. I was careful and didn't touch the bottom of the chip. I'm 99% sure nothing is broken and I have gone through and rechecked every wire and it all seems in place. When I turn it on, everything powers on, the fans and all, but nothing displays on my monitor. I asked some friends and they thought maybe it's my motherboard that was outdated. I have a ASROCK A320M-HDV motherboard that came with my pc when I bought it pre-built a year or two ago. I had thought that since I already had a Ryzen cpu before that it would work, but now I'm not so sure. Does anyone have a solution to why it's not working?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Fantastic, You gave the incomplete Motherboard Model in your previous reply. According to CPU-Z you a have a A320M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard.

I deleted my reply with the wrong Motherboard information on it so as not to confuse you.

But you still have the wrong BIOS version for the Ryzen 5 3600 Processor. Here is the minimum BIOS Version you need to make that processor to work in your motherboard: ASRock > A320M-HDV R4.0 

You have according to CPU-Z, BIOS version 2.0 which is not compatible with the Ryzen 5 3600 processor.

This is the Minimum BIOS version you need to install: ASRock > A320M-HDV R4.0 

Please follow closely and accurately the instructions in Yellow lettering before updating your BIOS from version 2.00 to 2.30.

I would not install a BIOS version higher then 2.30 for the time being. Because if you read the higher versions, 3.30 and higher,  it says your Ryzen 1200 processor (Summit Ridge) will become incompatible.

If you computer runs fine with BIOS version 2.30 than don't upgrade to the latest version 4.0 unless you have to and you know for a fact that your new processor works fine with BIOS  version 2.30. Because version 4.0 will make your Summit Ridge Processor, Ryzen 1200, incompatible with your motherboard.

Before updating you must install the latest ASRock AMD All-in-1 with VGA Driver FIRST: ASRock > A320M-HDV R4.0 

Also check your RAM MEMORY against ASRock's Motherboard QVL List for RAM MEMORY and see if it is listed for the new processor: ASRock > A320M-HDV R4.0 

Once you update to BIOS version 2.30 post back the results or any errors you might get with the 3600 processor installed.

NOTE: Instant Flash is ASRock's BIOS updating tool. Download the motherboard's manual and it will show you how to use Instant Flash tool.

If you have never updated the BIOS yourself and are unsure of how to do it, find someone who knows how to do it first and watch him/her update the BIOS. Then you can do it by yourself in the future. But if you want to do it, make sure you familiarize yourself with Instant Flash tool before updating the BIOS.

The most important factor when updating the BIOS is that your computer NEVER loses power or is interrupted when the process of updating the BIOS.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies