cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

roussfam
Journeyman III

Just upgraded from 3400G to 3800X, now I cant use 4 sticks of memory because it wont boot up in dual channel. MSI B450M Mortar with latest BIOS, Memory is Corsair Vengeance RGB CMR32GX4M4C3000C15, that's 4x8, everything worked fine until I installed the 3

Just upgraded from 3400G to 3800X, now I cant use 4 sticks of memory because it wont boot up in dual channel. MSI B450M Mortar with latest BIOS, Memory is Corsair Vengeance RGB CMR32GX4M4C3000C15, that's 4x8, everything worked fine until I installed the 3800x.   Jim

0 Likes
3 Replies

That RAM is listed under the Motherboard's QVL List for the Matisse Processor: Support For B450M MORTAR | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

But if noticed, That RAM is only compatible using 1 or 2 DIMM slots not 4 DIMM Slots. That is why it won't work with 4 DIMM slots populated.

Seems like the lower SPEED RAM Modules are compatible with 4 DIMM Slots being populated. As an example:

Only way to get all 4 RAM Modules to work on your motherboard is by replacing them with one that shows it will work on 4 DIMM slots and not 2 DIMM slots like the current RAM you have.

0 Likes

Ram worked in all 4 slots on that board with a 2200G and a 3400G, problem only arose with the upgrade to 3800X

0 Likes

I am just going by the list that the manufacturer QVL List states what is compatible. According to the list, your RAM is compatible in 2 DIMM slots. 

Maybe you should open a MSI Support ticket and let them know that they need to update the QVL list concerning DIMM slots being compatible, at least with the APUs, and also to see what they recommend to fix your issue or what is causing it.

Another User in the past had a similar issue. He mentioned the RAM worked only in 2 DIMM slots and not 4 DIMM slots. So I showed him the QVL list showing his RAM is compatible on 2 DIMMS and not 4 DIMMS.

0 Likes