cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Grimpeeper666
Adept I

Just bought a new build Ryzen 5 5600x > CPU Failure?

Jump to solution

So literally this past week I've jumped ship after everyone saying "Intel have lost the gaming CPU race" > So managed to get a Ryzen5 5600X. 

Built into a nice Corsair iCUE 465X case, white, water cooled, 3 fans in, 3 fans out. first few days, no problems at all. All windows updates installed.

Today.. get up, browse Youtube, boom, complete reset. This afternoon, reading a facebook post, click to open a new window, boom, complete reset. Both times give the same error:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have a dud CPU? I'm kinda lost without my PC!!! Help!

Weirdly, playing GTA5 has been absolutely fine, and same with Hell Let Loose. No crashes. 

help please!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Grimpeeper666
Adept I

Re: Just bought a new build Ryzen 5 5600x > CPU Failure?

Jump to solution

I've decided to can AMD anyway, go back to Intel. A Proven working chip. I can't put up with waiting for a maybe fix.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
nsargentum
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have the same problem; I posted about it here:

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-5600x-system-constantly-crashing-restarting-whea-logge...

Go into the bios, disable PBO (precision boost overddrive) and then also disablo CPB. You may have to dig around for it.

This is probably something that's going to be fixed with a bios update or a windows update. I have found that it crashes a whole lot less when PBO is off, and stops crashing all together when CPB is off. The thing is CPB is the single core boosting behavior and it will reduce clock frequency big time by turning this off, but the trade off is 0 crashing until there is some type of update.

you can try just turning off PBO and keeping CPB on, but for me this means a few hours of gaming then a random crash. Your results may be different.

Grimpeeper666
Adept I

Jump to solution

Cheers. I actually did a BIOS update earlier today and so far.. it appears not to have crashed. I am hoping its solved it. 

Lets just see what happens, but yeah I turned on the PBO from Auto to Enable.... after that it started.

0 Kudos
Grimpeeper666
Adept I

Jump to solution

Looks like you were right, BIOS update appears to have fixed the problem! Cheers very much! 

0 Kudos
nsargentum
Adept II

Jump to solution

What motherboard do you have and what bios did you update to?

Grimpeeper666
Adept I

Jump to solution

Asus B550-A Gaming

Bios version 1216

Grimpeeper666
Adept I

Jump to solution

So this has happened again. Still latest BIOS. Now I have disabled PBO And CPB. lets see if it stays stable.

And when I can afford it, replace the motherboard & CPU With an Intel chip. Never had this problem before. Sad 😞

thunk_stuff
Adept II

Jump to solution

Bus/Interconnect WHEA reboots on newly installed 5000 series processors are being widely reported here, mostly so in this thread:

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-5900x-system-constantly-crashing-restarting-whea-logge...

Disabling PBO makes the system more stable but greatly decreases performance. Others have been able to get a stable fix without disabling PBO by tweaking voltages. Personally I have gotten a completely stable system by going into the curve optimizer in BIOS (new feature but looks available on your version of BIOS) and setting it the an all core magnitude of around +8.

This is a temporary fix but at least gives some of us a stable system without greatly diminishing performance. I am holding out some hope that a near-future BIOS version with AGESA 1.1.8.0 may provide stability at default settings, as has been reported by some users. I put in an RMA with AMD two weeks ago and have not heard anything.

All in all I am disappointed because this is a widespread problem and many of us are having the exact same issue. Yet AMD is giving its users zero support and does not even acknowledging that there is an issue here worth investigating.

Grimpeeper666
Adept I

Jump to solution

so someone told me to change the Asus Chipset drivers out for AMD ones. I did that, turned on PBO/CPB And it worked for a bit! Then crashed again.

This problem is awful and is terrible of AMD to release such shoddy and crap hardware. Going back to Intel and scrapping AMD For good. This isn't good enough. It might be cheaper than Intel but nto if you can only use about 75% of its power. pointless. My old i7 6700k ran better in games than this.

pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

Everyone who has this issue needs to keep reporting it to AMD as well as your motherboard maker.

This is a wide spread problem that needs to get more attention and this forum gets next to no attention by AMD. 

They just don't participate here in these USER TO USER forums.

I highly suggest you complain of this in the AMD Reddit thread or any tech site forum.

Absolutely do let AMD know through the only method of contact they give you.

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

0 Kudos