cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JosueLeo
Journeyman III

¿It is compatible the ryzen 5 5600x with graphics card NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti MSI?

Hello everyone, I would like you to help me with this question I have.
I want to buy a ryzen 5 5600x processor but a store seller tells me that it is not compatible with my gtx 1050 Ti video card and that I have to change it because when I update the bios of my gigabyte b550m aorus elite motherboard it will stop supporting the graphics card. Is this true?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

The processor isn't a factor whether a GPU card is compatible or not.

It is the PCIe x16 lane used on the motherboard that determines that and sometimes the BIOS Mode (UEFI Mode) and whether you have the proper PCIe GPU Power cables to connect to the GPU Card.

It is possible that the Vendor was thinking that the GPU PCIe x16 lane will be version 4.0 and not 3.0 but you can change that in BIOS so that the GPU PCIe lane will work as PCIe x16 3.0 instead of PCIe x16 4.0.

Either way your GPU card should work in your motherboard and processor.

View solution in original post

Did you mean if your GPU will affect the performance of your processor?

No, but it might be the other way around. The CPU affecting the performance of your GPU.

Depending on your processor it might affect the performance of your GPU card. But since you have the latest Processor I don't believe that would be a problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

The processor isn't a factor whether a GPU card is compatible or not.

It is the PCIe x16 lane used on the motherboard that determines that and sometimes the BIOS Mode (UEFI Mode) and whether you have the proper PCIe GPU Power cables to connect to the GPU Card.

It is possible that the Vendor was thinking that the GPU PCIe x16 lane will be version 4.0 and not 3.0 but you can change that in BIOS so that the GPU PCIe lane will work as PCIe x16 3.0 instead of PCIe x16 4.0.

Either way your GPU card should work in your motherboard and processor.

Thank you very much, clear the doubt.
One last question, will using this graph affect the performance of my processor?

0 Likes

Did you mean if your GPU will affect the performance of your processor?

No, but it might be the other way around. The CPU affecting the performance of your GPU.

Depending on your processor it might affect the performance of your GPU card. But since you have the latest Processor I don't believe that would be a problem.

0 Likes

Thank you very much, you have helped me a lot.

0 Likes

Have fun and take care.

0 Likes