cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept I
Adept I

Re: Issues with access violations

Oh whoops, can't edit these meant to drop this in, here's a line in the QVL for the motherboard showing just the part number with no version expectation, showing that it should at least run as 2133

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

This a copy from the latest QVL RAM MEMORY list from Asus 2666 speed RAM. Link in previous comment: Copied from link shows different versions.

CORSAIR CMU32GX4M2A2666C16(Ver4.31) 32GB(2*16GB) DS N/A Heat-Sink Package 16-18-18-35 1.2V 2666 2666 ●

● CORSAIR CMK32GX4M4A2666C16(Ver3.20) 32GB(8GB*4) DS N/A 16-18-18-35 1.2V 2666 2666 ●

CORSAIR CMK16GX4M2A2666C16(Ver3.31) 16GB(2*8GB) SS N/A Heat-Sink Package 16-18-18-35 1.2V 2666 2666 ●

● CORSAIR CMK32GX4M2A2666C16(Ver5.39) 32GB(2*16GB) DS N/A Heat-Sink Package 16-18-18-35 1.2V 2666 2666 ●

● CORSAIR CMK16GX4M4A2666C15(Ver5.20) 16GB ( 4GB*4) SS N/A Heat-Sink Package 15-17-17-35 1.2V 2666 2666 ●

● CORSAIR CMK64GX4M4A2666C16(Ver5.30) 64GB(16GB*4) DS N/A Heat-Sink Package 16-18-18-35 1.2V 2666 2666 ●

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah I just found out about the error myself. It would seem that the one that doesn't mention a version is in the second half of the table, which changes Ryzen out for other stuff.

So yeah, I guess the non-versioned one is not in the top of the list with Ryzen. Regardless, it does not change that one cannot choose which version comes in the mail. Hmm this is problematic

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

just curious, but what does BIOS show when you have both RAM MEMORY installed?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Oh it's correct it says like Corsair 8192mb 2666Mhz for both slots. However I have finally cracked it, I believe we'll see I think I got it now!

While both RAM sticks continued to pass memory tests I decided once more to try them again solo and realized one was stable in games, one was not. I ran OCCT's graphics test again and Prime95's blend, one stick passes, the other does not. At first I thought it was just the timing incompatibility but either way, stuff is prepping for replacement and I'm running on the solo stick for now hopefully good news soon! Also, holy beans, let me tell you, not using the dual channel on the RAM is VERY palpable haha

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

great troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting RAM MEMORY can be a frustrating to say the least. I know it must have a been a pain in the rear installing, removing and testing each RAM module in every slot.

As I mentioned earlier, Corsair is going to ask you to turn in the entire set for replacement.

Also back to your original post, Are you still getting "Access Violations" with the one good RAM module installed?

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Nope, no problems with one! Running only one worked for a few days, had to be THAT stick though the other one was not right. Also the Corsair RAM is just bad for Ryzen timing anyway since they have these 'versions' I ended up having Newegg swap it for some more expensive Gskill which is supposedly the best RAM you can buy for Ryzen whether it's on your QVL or not (it's not but Newegg said they'd be happy todeal with it if it didn't fix it because he was extremely confident it would, also it has the well spoken of Samsung 'B' dies that are supposedly the easiest to time well with Ryzen.) the 3200Mhz DOCP profile for this so far was unstable in Prime95 almost immediately like with the faulty Corsair stick! However, the stock has been stable in Prime 95 for an hour, so I think this may just be a clocking issue on this, I don't think my board likes this particular setup going as high as 3200.

I'm not generally an overclocker but I've kinda had to do some similar stuff because of way this Ryzen timing works. There's an engineer on an overclocker's forum whose made an app to calculate safe or powerful RAM timings specifically for Ryzen. Luckily it has the 'safe' setting, I may have to see if I can get this a lil bit closer to 3200 without going over, I've heard good things about his tool which is good because I generally don't like toying with that sorta thing. I didn't actually want to get RAM this pricey, I had to shell out a bit more but I've heard very good things about this RAM.

Thanks for the help though, hopefully I will be able to get this stable and worse case scenario it seems like it's stock clock (which is actually 2400 and not 2133) is clean at the moment. Also a shoutout to Corsair for asking Newegg to help with this a few days over the regular 30 day return policy because of compatibility, the version system they use is just an issue since you can't 'really' buy the perfect QVL for your board. Also shoutout to Newegg for their fantastic customer service also. Hopefully I can get this memory a tad bit faster and be stable still with that calculator, but if anyone else finds this having Ryzen RAM issues, be sure to check that OCCT GPU error checking test and the Prime95 blend test to see if your RAM can take the beating of heavy cpu and ram transactions, because walking down it byte by byte looking for problems like memtest86 and similar tools do, will NOT detect an issue this intricate without the PC under heavy load it would seem! But yeah Prime95 is VERY picky about those prime numbers, in my current experience, the blend test fails in under 5 minutes if the RAM is even a hint unstable, I do recommend trying it, it's also good for using in the 'small' test to just test your CPU and not the RAM too!

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hey man, I'm having the same issue. Getting access violations in The Witcher 3 and in Overcooked.

I've replaced my entire computer at this point, and am waiting on a new CPU to fix the problem. I bought a very specific RAM module on the QVL and it still was causing the errors.

Were you able to find the solution?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

At another Forum this RAM Memory tester MEMTEST was recommended to be very good. Similar to MEMTEST86 but can be used in a Windows environment. Says it is good to check when you install new RAM or OC . I opened a thread concern MEMTEST here: FYI: MEMTEST by HCIDESIGN checks RAM Memory in Windows Environment

From link above:

By running MemTest you can ensure that your computer's RAM correctly functions. It is wise to test this when you buy a new computer, install new RAM, or change the configuration of your machine (for instance, to overclock it).  Are you the sort of user who likes to push the performance of your machine to the edge? Relying upon whether your machine will boot after your new BIOS tweaks is a poor way to determine the safety of your new settings. Use Mem Test as a true test of stability.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yep I've done all the troubleshooting already for weeks and have narrowed it to the cpu if anything. Like I said, I have a separate new computer at this point from replacing everything, this is about the warranty process.

0 Kudos