cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

square2
Journeyman III

is Threadripper 1950x capable of lowering Base speed below 1 GHz on Idle?

Hi , Due having some system throttle and instabilities im in the process of RMA currently.
They have asked me for pics of ryzen master under load and while idle. after sending what have been required they responded that in my idle with no app running in background Processor must be below 1 GHz which is insane and i never encountered situation lower than 2.2 GHz.Does anybody knows what am i doing wrong? or it is how it supposed to be?
pastedImage_1.jpg
Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

square2, I was going to recommend that you contact AMD Online Support, which you have already done.  I have a 1950X and it never runs below 2200 MHz and after selecting a Profile in Ryzen Master, I am allow to adjust the frequency but now I cannot go below 3000 MHz (Max 6375!)  Please ask AMD support to tell you how to reduce the clock.  Thanks and enjkoy, John.

0 Likes
square2
Journeyman III

Hi misterj Thanks for taking time to help.WOW this is exactly the case i am facing .Could you describe how did you solve the issue or did you end up RMA -ing it ?
Thanks.
Khayyam

0 Likes

That's the way it is, I think, square2.  I have had it since it was first available and have no need or intention of asking for an RMA.  I suspect support just does not know how it works.  It may be a function of what stepping it is - mine is 1.   It is an old processor in today's time.  My temperatures are fine - 28C at idle.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks John! you helped me out with my doubts .have great day.

0 Likes