cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

portiaguesa
Journeyman III

Is the Wraith Stealth compatible with the Ryzen 7 5700X?

Hi there! I'm looking for a new processor. I'm using an old Ryzen 5 2600, which is starting to struggle. The sale on Ryzen processors right now is tempting, but I realized that the 5700X doesn't come with a cooler. I have a Wraith Stealth on my current processor.  I looked at the cooler solution page here on AMD's website, but the Wraith Stealth only mentions the 5700G, which I know is less powerful. In fact, the 5700X isn't mentioned at all for compatibility with the 3 coolers on AMD's website.

Does anyone know/does anyone have experience with cooling the 5700X? Can I keep my Wraith Stealth? My case could handle something a little bulkier, but nothing massive. I also don't want to spend any more money than I have to.

I also see online that the Wraith Stealth is meant for 65W processors. The 5700X is a 65W processor. Would there be a problem with using a cooler that maxes out at exactly the same number as the processor?

Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Since AMD bundled the Wraith Stealth with the 5600x that has the same TDP as the 5700x it should be adequate enough for normal computer use. But under heavy loads it will run much hotter than a 3rd party 125 watt TDP.

In fact 5700x might go up to its maximum operating temperature of 90c during very heavy loads on the CPU.

Personally I would suggest you purchase a 3rd Party CPU Cooler with at least a TDP Rating of 125 Watts to keep your processor below 80c under any loads and keep the Wraith Stealth as a backup CPU Cooler.

If your PC case is large enough for one of the high quality Air CPU Coolers I would go that route if it is within your budget. IF not then stay with the Wraith CPU Cooler and keep an eye on the CPU temperature under moderate to heavy loads to make sure it isn't overheating past 90c.

NOTE: The AMD Wraith Stealth is the weakest of all the Wraith CPU Coolers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Since AMD bundled the Wraith Stealth with the 5600x that has the same TDP as the 5700x it should be adequate enough for normal computer use. But under heavy loads it will run much hotter than a 3rd party 125 watt TDP.

In fact 5700x might go up to its maximum operating temperature of 90c during very heavy loads on the CPU.

Personally I would suggest you purchase a 3rd Party CPU Cooler with at least a TDP Rating of 125 Watts to keep your processor below 80c under any loads and keep the Wraith Stealth as a backup CPU Cooler.

If your PC case is large enough for one of the high quality Air CPU Coolers I would go that route if it is within your budget. IF not then stay with the Wraith CPU Cooler and keep an eye on the CPU temperature under moderate to heavy loads to make sure it isn't overheating past 90c.

NOTE: The AMD Wraith Stealth is the weakest of all the Wraith CPU Coolers.