cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

theawkwardgermandude
Journeyman III

Is the Wraith Prism cooler compatible with Ryzen 5 3600?

Hi I have a Ryzen 5 3600, which I am currently using, and I thought about buying and using the Wraith Prism cooler for it.

But I can't find any source if the cooler is compatible with the CPU. Anyone with knowledge if it fits/works is greatly appreciated.

Greetings: theawkwardgermandude

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThreeDee
Paragon

It will work just fine .. I'm currently using the one that came with my old 2700x on my wife's 5600x

the 3600 is a 65w TDP chip .. so the Prism will be more than adequate to keep it cool

If you are currently running a Spire or Stealth .. or a screw in kind heatsink, then you'll need the AM4 brackets like these:

https://www.newegg.com/p/13C-009Y-00012?Description=am4%20bracket&cm_re=am4_bracket-_-9SIAGTUAS69262...

(except you probably don't need the back plate)

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

It will work just fine .. I'm currently using the one that came with my old 2700x on my wife's 5600x

the 3600 is a 65w TDP chip .. so the Prism will be more than adequate to keep it cool

If you are currently running a Spire or Stealth .. or a screw in kind heatsink, then you'll need the AM4 brackets like these:

https://www.newegg.com/p/13C-009Y-00012?Description=am4%20bracket&cm_re=am4_bracket-_-9SIAGTUAS69262...

(except you probably don't need the back plate)

ThreeDee PC specs

Hi, Thanks for the answer.

When I looked at the link you sent I recognized the brackets in the picture because my motherboard (MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max) came with those brackets and I didn't need them for the Wraith Stealth cooler.

So that makes it easier since I live in Asia and Newegg doesn't ship here.

0 Likes
butlernoobah
Journeyman III

Here is what I found on Mpros about Wraith Prism and 5 3600

The stock cooler for the Ryzen 3600 is a capable one and does a good job of cooling the processor under most circumstances. If you are overclocking your Ryzen 3600, however, you may want to invest in a better cooler to ensure that it runs safely and at peak performance. A good aftermarket cooler will not only keep your processor cool but also quiet, making it an excellent choice for gamers or anyone who wants the best possible performance from their machine.

0 Likes

I've used a Wraith Prism with a 5600x and it worked ok but not fantastic, I have tried 2 different budget tower coolers since, the Arctic Freezer 34 and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 black (RGB). Both tower cooler work so much better than the Wraith Prism.
The Arctic Freezer 34's cold plate only covers the hot spot in the center of the CPU while the Cooler Master Hyper 212 covers the whole CPU. Temperature wise, both tower coolers ran at the same temperatures which was considerably cooler than the Wraith Prism.
I've since upped my CPU to a 5900x and am using a Deep Cool Assassin III dual tower cooler (dual 140mm fans) and it works very well with the 5900x.

0 Likes