cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nevalthyus_71j_
Journeyman III

Is the asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 adequate enough for an FX 9590?

Dear folks,

My name is Christopher, I am a fan and user from Athens, Greece. My current msi 970 gaming board has a defect on it's slow switch and it's time tomake a move to something else, while saving good money for my threadripper sweetheart system

I am currently with my old but trusted Phenom II 1055T, but I found a honest-I think at least, lol- seller on ebay who sells this board, new -as he claims-complete with it's accessories.I will be upgrading my PSU to 1200 certified one for that upgrade, keeping my trusted corsair TX 850 V2 for my system dedicated to my Phenom.The system regarding the 9590 if purchased will be hosted on my corsair obsidian 750d full case, with aio corsair 110i gt.I have the lovely, amazing sapphire r9 390 OC backplate 8GB vga, and sixteen gb's of ram, along with three ssd's and two mechanical drives.

I am asking for your expertise and honest opinion on whether this board will be able to handle the fx 9590 correctly, without issues.I won't overclock, and I want it to last as much as possible, as I love and take good care of my systems.Please let me know what I can expect, and if there are any precautions I need to keep in mind.

Thank you for your attention,

loving amd from 2010 and Lisa too!

Christopher.

0 Likes
3 Replies

The FX-9590 is on the CPU support list, but honestly I'd just keep the 1055T until you upgrade your entire system, unless you're looking at a year or more.

0 Likes

Hello, and thank you for the fast response, I really appreciate it greatly. I have started games development , and I am looking at a second build which will last me three years or more, regardless of my Threadripper system.

I love my 1055T, and it's not going anywhere, I will build a unit for it's majesty.

I need to know which FX cpu will offer greater longevity , both for the cpu itself and the board, and I am thinking the safest bet is the 8370.

What do you think?

Thank you kindly 

0 Likes

I would agree with that, plus the FX-9000 series suck down so much power for minimal gains over the 8370, but the FX series is just so slow compared to Ryzen...

0 Likes