cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Is the AMD 1800X (YD180XBCAEWOF) considered oem for the purposes of warranty? I received it today and it did not come with a HSF or COA.

Is the AMD 1800X (YD180XBCAEWOF) considered Oem for the purposes of warranty?

I received it today and it did not come with a HSF or COA.

I was looking for a place to register my processor (there isnt one) and saw the description of OEM vs PIB.

If there is no warranty this would upset me greatly as I paid over $700 for the CPU.

pastedImage_0.png

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is the AMD 1800X (YD180XBCAEWOF) considered oem for the purposes of warranty? I received it today and it did not come with a HSF or COA.

If you purchased the processor packed in a retail box, the standard limited AMD warranty will apply.

If you purchased it preinstalled in a system or as a tray item, the warranty will be provided by  your point of purchase.

This is the standard warranty procedure for AMD processors and has not changed with the Ryzen launch.

RayM
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Is the AMD 1800X (YD180XBCAEWOF) considered oem for the purposes of warranty? I received it today and it did not come with a HSF or COA.

Thanks Ray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Unknown why they stopped including a CoA, mine didn't ship with one either, though aside from the fake Intel chip fiasco of a couple of years ago there hasn't been a case of fake processors I can think of. My guess would be because of the same reason they don't ship in metal boxes anymore, it's a cost cutting measure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Nope,it's a retail CPU,And they were advertised as NOT coming with a HSF.

AMD Ryzen™ 1800X Processor, 3.6GHz w/ 16MB Cache at Memory Express

And our Crappy CDN dollar is why I will not be upgrading to one anytime soon. Not to mention there are are almost NO Motherboards available yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

You know you say that, $731.80 CND after shipping and tax, but I paid $534.90 USD after tax for mine, that's $722.30 CND. Effectively the same price even though 1 USD = 1.34 CND because of your 13% tax vs our 7%.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

Cost 700.00 AUD with tax on pick up from store here in Melbourne FYI

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forerunner
Forerunner

Where I am it's only 6% taxes, we have no Provincial sales tax, just GST.

0 Kudos