cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

znakosss
Journeyman III

Is my Temps Normal?

Hello guys i have Ryzen 1700 cpu with no oc , is it normal and safe 40-50 temps (idle) and 60-65 (gaming) ?

My room is hot becouse we have summer here now.

My Specs :

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4GB Nitro+
Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (MS-7A32)
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2400 1x16 GB

Thnx

0 Likes
10 Replies

looks fine, seems your chassis fans are keeping it cool 

misterj
Big Boss

znakosss, it is not even possible to comment, because we do not know where those temperatures come from.  Most free applications that report temperatures are not accurate.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Your processor specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

So your maximum temperature is 95C.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
softprogram
Adept I

Yes , it is normal .

Explain : 

25 degrees to 42.5 degrees is considered 'cool' . 42.5 degrees to 66 degrees is considered 'normal ' . 66 degrees to 72.5 degrees is warm . 72.5 degrees to 82.5 degrees is considered 'hot' . And over 82.5 degrees is considered ' too hot ' . 100 degrees is consider 'throttle temperature ' and cpu will shut itself down ! .

Ryzen 1700 cpu with no oc , is it normal and safe 40-50 temps (idle) and 60-65 (gaming) . So your cpu temperature is normal here . I guess that you use air cooling system ? . Your cpu has TDP 65 W , very little in comparison to other cpu ! .  

With this cpu , you can upgrade your vga card later . and I guess that you use this machine only for entertainment only ? .  With your cpu when you OC with normal water cooling system , it can reach at 3700 . But with other better cooling system like subzero degree , it can reach at 4400 Mhz . This is small . So I advise you do not oc it because this CPU is not good for that cost .  If i were you , i will not buy it . But that depend on the purpose of each person ! . 

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Sorry, softprogram, your post makes no sense to me!  The question the OP asked cannot be answered without understanding the source of the measurements.  According to the processor, it will shut down long before 100C - mine 68C.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

MISTERJ. You are absolutely CORRECT.

When you said that the MAX TEMP on AMD PROCESSOR SPEC Sheet means a CPU will SHUT DOWN at that temperature.

NOTE : This should make the Moderators happy

0 Likes

OK.  Forward.  Thanks, John.

0 Likes
softprogram
Adept I

Max Temps
95°C

According to the spec in amd website , the max temperature is 95 degree for Ryzen 1700 of znakosss . And he ask us if his cpu Ryzen 1700 temperature is normal or not  . 

And about misterj , you mentions 68 degrees C for amd threadripper cpu . But i think that is the T case only . Some people uses amd threadripper notice me that it can pass 68 degrees to near 100 degrees C . Just it works not fast as at lower degree . 

AMD threadripper is very very good at give the user the benefit with acceptable cost . This is very great . 

0 Likes
softprogram
Adept I

if you get such degrees from Ryzen Master we can say that your pc is normal .

If you use cooler application sensor to get such degrees , I can conclude that your pc is also normal .

In conclusion , your pc is normal in all cases . I guess that you are not professional , so this answer is simple for you . 

You can use your pc as normal . and OC your cpu is just waste of money because your cpu you choose does not deserve that ! . I hope that this answer and more information that the experts above can satisfy your question .  

0 Likes

my brother on same ryzen 1700 is idling at 30 with noctua nh-d15 and interconected with thermal grizzly kryonaut, OC to 3,7GHZ on all cores idling at 35-36 , gaming maybe 50+ , i am idling on my ryzen 2600 at stock around 41-43 with wraith spire and thermal grizzly kryonaut too. gaming temps are 55-58 in strange brigade , everything in closed case nzxt h500. we have hot here too, ambient temp 27-30. i hope this helps.

0 Likes
softprogram
Adept I

Reply to division2ubisoft .  Both are considered normal .

You can  OC  AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600X  to 4.9 Ghz not just with 4200 Mhz as the producer announces . Only with cooling system at -60 degrees C can make your cpu achive that limit . ************** . I am sure that you will not find out any product like that in your country .  Unlike ryzen 1700 , you can Oc Ryzen™ 5 2600X with the cost only 4 KWh if 24/7 .  And certainly , your cpu then will be at under zero degree C .   

Moderator Note:

Edited to remove content promoting users Youtube channel

0 Likes