Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

technostyle
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Is my Ryzen CPU defective ?

Jump to solution

Flashing BIOS will void my warranty. So don't want to try it.
I set +%50 power target with 1.15V and 1265 Mhz but it crashes.
If the voltage is problem, why Asus sets only 1.15V instead of 1.20V for example ?
What is the stock voltage of reference card ?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

dunno your voltage default. but 50% is extreme. im lucky to get 8% stable on my nitro fury and there is a auto stop gpu @ x+voltage in amd cards in the windows registry

0 Kudos
technostyle
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Somebody (maybe one of admin) suggested to set power target +%50 for better stability on community AMD.
I also tried with +%15 power target but no luck. Crashes...
I set default "gaming mode" of Asus. (+%0 power target, 1.15V, 1310 Mhz) --> crashed
same gaming mode with 1265 mhz --> crashed.
So, this card can't be stable even default RX480 settings...
But the GPU is cool. (Max. temp. in AIDA64 GPU stress test is 65 degrees celcius or below.)

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

50% power is like ocing it about 600 mhz .. but your not overclocking it much just set it at 10% see what happens?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

window 7 + linux = awsome no problem

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

well i use aida64 as is well known as a lighter stress tester....  check this out and set settings to extreme maax8  (unigene heaven) just google it and run furmark from guru3d ithink it is . google it. furmark keeps getting more intense. of course it takes atleast 45 minutes to really get into it run it for minumum 1.5 hours on both see if can hack it.. that should tell ya..!

0 Kudos
stone_age
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

I haven't seen anyone mention this so far in either of your threads unless I missed it. Try backing down your memory clock on your card about 15MHz using wattman. If it still does it, take it down more. It just sounds like a Vram issue to me.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

yea that was big thing in the beginninng of these cards undervolting and clocking due to high wattages ..

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

does your have a dual bios button on it? like my fury? try switching the bios if so..!

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

Jump to solution

and ryzen does have some issues with the pcie  lanes right now but the has been.. this new bios should drop this week or next and fix some of that aswell as the ram ... i have a beta right now of it.. and its rock solid. 3600mhz easy 4000mhz if you got the sticks to try out...lol

0 Kudos