cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ajfilms
Adept I

Is my Ryzen 5 3600X underperforming?

I'm a bit disappointed with the performance of my brand new Ryzen 3600X. I finally upgraded from my intel i7-5820k to a Ryzen 5 3600x however I'm a bit disappointed with it's cinebench scores and clock speeds. Before deciding which CPU to pick up I went through as many reviews I could find on the internet and I was expecting Cinebench scores to be around 3700 points. When I ran cinebench r20 I keep getting scores around 3200-3300ish which is around 400-500 points under what I was expecting to receive and the Turbo is only reaching around 4.1ghz. The motherboard I'm using is an ASRock x570 Steel Legend, both the CPU and Motherboard are brand new just opened today (yesterday since it's 2am). I hate to make it seem like I'm nit picking but I paid extra for a 3600X vs a 3600 and the performance seems under what even a 3600 should get. A lot of the work I do is very CPU dependent and I was really hoping for some higher numbers. I am currently using the included CPU cooler however I plan on using a Corsair H100i GTX AIO when it comes back from RMA (my cooler had a small leak these past years that I didnt notice until enough corrosion built up and fried my cpu). Anyways I've attached some screen shots while running a benchmark. 

16 Replies