Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Tufio
Adept II

Is my 3600 broken?

Mainboard: MSI b450 gaming plus max, last bios
CPU: Ryzen 3600
RAM: hyper x dimm fury 3200 8x2 (in compatibility list, passed memtest)
Drive: cheap M.2 crucial (os) + seagate hard drive
Graphics: msi 1660 super
PSU: be quiet pure power 11 500w gold
Chipset driver: 2.13.27.501 (last?)

So, this was my sad story of crash and reboots:

https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/ryzen-3600-mostly-reboots-and-some-crash/td-p/422417/highlig...

My ryzen is unstable under the stock normal settings, i often get reboots/crash loops until voltage get stuck at 1.4 on last core for some reason, i have no clue about this and no one was able to explain.

All my reboots/crash are at low use.

I believed to have found some solution from here, setting the multiplier at 36, that disabled all the boosting, voltage got at a chill 1.2-1.1 and then 5 good months of perfect stability.

Until last week, when reboots came back, here a dump from WhoCrashed:

On Tue 30/03/2021 18:16:19 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WHEA\WHEA-20210330-1816.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x97E766)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD60504F4E840, 0xBEA00000, 0x108)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

The current ones are always the same, clean reboot, no blue screen, windows integrity ok.

I updated everything again, updated windows/chipset/bios, tried again at bios stock settings and reboot right away.

I have now disabled the precision boost overdrive. (it was always auto), so no more boosting over 3600.
The pc seems stable (for today), did some occt tests for power and cpu, voltage is even lower than under multiplier 36, got max 1.08 on vid single core, 1.1 on tfn and 1.125 vid effective from HWiNFO64.

I dunno, got the cpu on october 5, i have more or less still a year and half of warranty.

Now, what to do? And is cpu truly the problem here?

My dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ4g2Vrik9YggYGnIhtvdc2oagC?e=4FUf87

0 Likes
22 Replies