cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rk0_c
Journeyman III

Is it related between Hyper-V and Virtualisation Base Security?

I installed Ryzen Master that it require me to disable VBS. However, since I also installed Hyper-V for Android development and Virtualizing server in a bit enterprise way that I'm concern it may affect too much. Is it able to continue to use Hyper-V service when disabled VBS?

0 Likes
1 Solution

You need to open another thread concerning higher performance with your processor.

VBS is a Windows Security feature that uses Hyper-V. You probably can disable VBS but then you are putting your computer at risk for malware infection. Most Users just uninstall Hyper-V. Unfortunately, those Users that depend on Hyper-V are stuck for the time being on not being able to use Ryzen Master until AMD comes out with a version that works with VBS activated in Windows.

This Microsoft official explanation about VBS in Windows: Virtualization-based Security (VBS) | Microsoft Docs .

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hyper-V needs VBS to enabled. Most Users uninstall Hyper-V to get Ryzen Master to work. There is a AMD Thread that is very long about the exact same issue you are having with Ryzen Master and Hyper-V enabled: https://community.amd.com/message/2859010 .

0 Likes

But how VBS work? Also compare GPU overclocking software (I'm using Asus nVidia card), why I can get higher performance from GPU but not CPU?

0 Likes

You need to open another thread concerning higher performance with your processor.

VBS is a Windows Security feature that uses Hyper-V. You probably can disable VBS but then you are putting your computer at risk for malware infection. Most Users just uninstall Hyper-V. Unfortunately, those Users that depend on Hyper-V are stuck for the time being on not being able to use Ryzen Master until AMD comes out with a version that works with VBS activated in Windows.

This Microsoft official explanation about VBS in Windows: Virtualization-based Security (VBS) | Microsoft Docs .